DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
Well we weren’t completely satisfied with the proximity of the coolant expansion tank to the front runner so we’re just going to include this :)

View attachment 12409
View attachment 12410
I'm just happy you decided to keep things simple with a sheet metal expansion tank. Everybody wants to make billet-everything these days and its annoying. No way I'm paying $400-$500 for a stupid expansion tank.

• Agree
Reactions: Sshec152

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Bleed screw is incredibly simple to install. Can also just crack the cap a touch, I’m sure it would have the same effect.

Yeah the billet stuff is always cool but the cost associated is very high. We felt this was good because we can include this without a real impact on price point and it adds something nice.

No anodizing, we’ll be laser etching or welding a logo to it though. Leaning towards the laser etching.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Bleed screw is incredibly simple to install. Can also just crack the cap a touch, I’m sure it would have the same effect.

Yeah the billet stuff is always cool but the cost associated is very high. We felt this was good because we can include this without a real impact on price point and it adds something nice.

No anodizing, we’ll be laser etching or welding a logo to it though. Leaning towards the laser etching.
might be worth doing a black wrinkle coat and some sort of flared flange around the filler neck with just a couple holes drilled so any fluid that comes out drains back in. I know it would be more work and money, but the rest of the kit seems so well put together, it would be a shame to skimp now.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I think skimping would be far more along the lines of just giving a relocation bracket and having it done the way most other kits do it. We figured this was a lot better even though it’s a significant amount more work and it costs more. The cap and fill neck were actually just placed there to show where it would go, you shouldn’t have anything leak out unless your overfilling it really.

I’ll see what we can do though, if there’s a flange like that we could certainly try and put one on, they would be relatively cheap to purchase I assume.

Reactions: derekgates

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
First drive was last night. MHD would not cooperate with me, flash file wouldn’t load into the emulator on the phones storage. File was unzipped, rezipped, moves, downloaded multiple times, just would not show up.

Anyways, just decided to drive it home on stock tune, because I like to live dangerously. I gave it hell and the was running 14psi Wastegate spring. Boost obviously came on way late and wasn’t right but damn did it pull hard. I’m going to try a new device today in the evening and have another go at it.

Coolant tank has a little breather on it as well, I’ll share more photos and a sound clip tonight when I have a chance. It sounds phenomenal as well lol a bit louder than before as well. And it was loud before!

Reactions: doublespaces

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I also managed to somehow purchase MHD on my friends google account. Didn’t realize it was still logged into his and now I’m trying to reach Martial to see if it can be fixed. Oh well.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
After driving the car for a few days, we had a coolant hose go, unrelated to the turbo kit. We opened the rest of the car up anyways to check on the kit and noticed a few things...

First off we have seen the water hose from the thermostat to the waterpump is rubbing against the filter on the turbo so we will be revising that.

Secondly we are going to add more heat shielding to the coolant and oil lines, just for our own piece of mind. We had some on already of course but we’d like to add more.

Third we have to include a turbo blanket due to proximity of the hotside to the motor mount. The last thing we want is melted motor mounts so just in case, we will be including a turbo blanket.

Lastly we would like to switch to a V Band on the turbo. It’s a little bit more compact and will allow that little bit more clearance to the coolant hose the filter is touching as well as the mount.

This puts release back a touch but I’m not going to release something that isn’t perfect because I don’t expect to feel right collecting people’s money for something that I know could be better. This is what R&D is for and we are going to keep working to make the best product we can. It’s going to look amazing in the end.

These revisions won’t take nearly as long as the development because 95 percent of the kit will remain the same. Just need to get to work on it and order some stuff, then we can continue a bit more R&D and try to get this thing done and get some kits out there in the wild :)

Last edited: