Dct shifter retrofit f30

JZEE12

Oct 14, 2020
I disabled the shifter malfunction warning so It shifts and all works fin
That certainly sounds like a coding task... I don't have an F series, but it seems odd that you aren't getting any codes for shifter?
I removed the shifter malfunction error with coding however just stuck on not seeing the d/s light up when pushing the shifter to the right to engage drive.
besides all else is fine n,r,p, and the shifter works no problem when pulling the paddles down it all illuminates as it should only d/s does not light up when in drive.
would anyone know what kind of coding needs to be done to have the shifter illuminate when going into d/s ?

aus335iguy

Major
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
I disabled the shifter malfunction warning so It shifts and all works fin

I removed the shifter malfunction error with coding however just stuck on not seeing the d/s light up when pushing the shifter to the right to engage drive.
besides all else is fine n,r,p, and the shifter works no problem when pulling the paddles down it all illuminates as it should only d/s does not light up when in drive.
would anyone know what kind of coding needs to be done to have the shifter illuminate when going into d/s ?
Does the stock shifter have this feature? If not it might not have that circuit in the GWS.

JZEE12

Oct 14, 2020
Does the stock shifter have this feature? If not it might not have that circuit in the GWS.
The stock shifter has the m/s light however it is to the left and not to the right to push it.
normally on an Fx car the shifter should show the middle light and the d/s illuminate when in drive however mine does not.
here are some photos of the problem R,N, park all light up and when the paddle is pressed it goes into the correct d/s mode with the + and - .
But when In drive it just gives backlight but no light on the shifter to say it’s in drive.

Attachments

aus335iguy

Major
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
I wrote up a pin out for the old M3 knob but that shifter you have is all can bus as far as I knew.
can you explain how you got it to work with your gearbox? Is the GWS still stock with a different knob?

aus335iguy

Major
Nov 18, 2017
Down under

JZEE12

Oct 14, 2020
I wrote up a pin out for the old M3 knob but that shifter you have is all can bus as far as I knew.
can you explain how you got it to work with your gearbox? Is the GWS still stock with a different knob?
Mine is completely stock I found somewhere ona forum and they got the shifter to stop giving the shifter malfunction message. It kept throwing it every time the car would come to a complete stop. So I did this as far as coding with the BimmerCode app.

• instrument cluster (Kombi)
  • expert mode
  • 3001- CC_ID_SPERRE
  • CC_AKTIVIERUNG_7
  • Turn it to AUS and not EIN
  • Code done

JZEE12

Oct 14, 2020
As far as this diagram the F series of car has this type of shifter connector going to the gws. Could it be a coding thing or a wire thing?
It seems as if the car does not know the d/s that the m shifter has and just defaults to the backlight on the shifter. Because when pulling the paddle down the shifter reacts as it would normally if the car where in manual mode.

Attachments