DCT to Chevy LS7 conversion

Kanka

May 15, 2018
Ride
V10 M5, McLaren 720s, xc90
Does anyone know where to buy an adaptor to mate an LS7 based motor (Mercury SB4) to an (upgraded) M4 dct?
Using a Syvecs S8 ecu for transmission control but require the mechanical parts to do the conversion.
Any pointers appreciated.
Ron

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Does anyone know where to buy an adaptor to mate an LS7 based motor (Mercury SB4) to an (upgraded) M4 dct?
Using a Syvecs S8 ecu for transmission control but require the mechanical parts to do the conversion.
Ron
There was a company in uk that put a DCT behind a supra. They are on the syvecs support forum and they may share how they did that. I haven’t seen anyone do this conversion... I’d love to see it though. I thought it would be cool

Reactions: doublespaces

Kanka

May 15, 2018
Ride
V10 M5, McLaren 720s, xc90
There was a company in uk that put a DCT behind a supra. They are on the syvecs support forum and they may share how they did that. I haven’t seen anyone do this conversion... I’d love to see it though. I thought it would be cool

The Whifbitz Supra was the inspiration for a dct conversion. I'll check out the Syvecs forum. Thanks for the pointer.
Ron

Hogboy

May 24, 2019
Sydney
Ride
LS7 Chevelle
Try to find a LS7 to BMW M50/S50/S54 adapter, they are almost the same as M4.
I’m a newbie to this forum, but I’m in Sydney and I have a LS7 and I’m thinking of having a crack at it. I’m a pretty handy fabricator and have done similar conversions with a 6l80e to 351C and other bits and bobs.

Ausi335i drop me an email.

Reactions: doublespaces

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Ron
Note that the M4 box and TCU is a little different electronically speaking to the e92 box.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I’m a newbie to this forum, but I’m in Sydney and I have a LS7 and I’m thinking of having a crack at it. I’m a pretty handy fabricator and have done similar conversions with a 6l80e to 351C and other bits and bobs.

Ausi335i drop me an email.

Please post your updates, very interesting :)

Hogboy

May 24, 2019
Sydney
Ride
LS7 Chevelle
I was working away on the concept last night and I found that a firm in Britain called Elise have machined up a LS to DCT adapter. From what I can see on the web the have not advanced the mechanical adaption further. They also say that they have worked with Syvecs on the ECM to develop the software to command the DCT. Early days for me. I have a T56 Magnum behind the LS7, but the thought of a DCT with the scream of a LS7 with ITBs is too tempting.

Reactions: aus335iguy