Discussion about issues encountered whilst converting to M3 Flash and GWS

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yep. 6 is needed to active launch control and can only be selected with DTC off IIRC, otherwise you can only select 1-5.
Thank you, I remember something like this but did not commit to memory since I have none of these things yet :D

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Thank you, I remember something like this but did not commit to memory since I have none of these things yet :D
I only barely remember because I had an one, but at this point I'll need the guide to remember everything that needs to be done for the swap lol I need a vacation.

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
I think have have it all down in my head. The only part I'm not quite clear on is the direct wiring of the DSC button on the console switches. Does the feed from the DSC module in the 335is go through the JBBF then to the DSC button on the DSC? So then do we just pull that wire and run it to the M3 DSC button and just tap into a power, ground, and lighting feed for the four pins we need out of the 10 pin plug? I know Darrick likes to keep it factory as possible so I'd like to see how he did it.

And the M3 dash switch that replaces the 335i, is the tire pressure button (not sure what it actually does) functional at this point or not?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Hi all
“Keyap” which was the guy that originally created a chart of all of the different DCT ZBs has asked some questions in another forum about what were doing. Would you guys have any objections to inviting him in here ?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Just let me know when he's registered and his username, and I can add him if you want.

keyap

Lurker
Sep 2, 2017
Ride
N55 135i
A little late to the party on this one but wanted to drop a quick post to say 'wow'

Have read this thread a number of times and need to go back and read it a few more to try and take on board what you guys have done and achieved!

Very impressive.

Also, thanks to aus335iguy for the invite.

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
Got the shifter and console in and coded. Looks fantastic, worked perfectly on my short test drive through the gears but I wasn't able to hammer it in the 4-6 gears. No errors to speak of, at least on the dash, just a couple in INPA that I cleared out but I need to check back and see if anything else popped up. @dyezak wasn't kidding about the shifter mounting bolts, boys and girls. Be very careful getting them out or this may happen to you. I got lucky and it was one I could cut around because extractors wouldn't work on the crappy aluminum, couldn't get vice grips on it, or even get a dremel with a cutting wheel wouldn't fit down in there. Results are one destroyed factory shifter and a trip to the hardware store for stainless replacement, non torx bolts with a little anti-seize thrown in for good measure.
20180511_211149_resized.jpg

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
A little late to the party on this one but wanted to drop a quick post to say 'wow'

Have read this thread a number of times and need to go back and read it a few more to try and take on board what you guys have done and achieved!

Very impressive.

Also, thanks to aus335iguy for the invite.

Welcome Keyap. There is a lot to take in...

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I’d be interested to hear from those who have converted already. The bad shifts .... Are they in all modes ie D,S and M ? I did read @dyezak say once that it was fine in D

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
A thought.... how does the syvecs standalone deal with this issue? Whatever it is needs to be able to be fixed at the DME because they can use it in a supra to control the dct. The chances of the final drive being same as an m3 in that car are slim....i reckon they offer the DCT an altered wheel speed signal. for us we would need to do that but just for the DCT not the DSC.

Last edited: