DIY tuning

all4bspinnin

Corporal
Jun 12, 2017
Anon1, i have the full winOLS with the export to XDF add on. I can export a damos to XDF so we have every single table. You guys would need to go through each table and figure out which ones you need/want.

Anon1

Apr 13, 2019
I just ran across a recent post in another forum where some one was sharing their knowledge on the various tables. I believe they also were more focused on the 9e60b xdf. If that is you, then glad to have you over here. If not you, I'll find the link as they seemed to make a lot of progress.

My interest lies with the 98g0b and trying to sort out how to tune a larger turbo (aka getting PID right).
If you mean this post , then yes. I have been working with Anjuna to help define the XDF definitions. Hes muuuuuuch stronger on the tuning side. I was able to define a number of tables by simply looking at the other XDFs and comparing the data in WinOLS. In the midst of this, I managed to find a source of a bunch of BMW Damos. We confirmed that the Damos are valid and are now sharing them with the community.

I just set up a torrent and a Seed Box. PM me for a free link.

• 1Like
Reactions: Stokes

Stokes

Corporal
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
I was able to sort out commanded WGDC as well as PID controlled boost management with the exception of the post shift boost spikes, so I gave up and reinstalled my neglected JB4.... then a week later I see his post and ripped the JB4 back out and found a few more suggestions to try. And then it started raining... :( The 1 series must be just light enough that 275s just won't hold like they do on a 335 in the dry and no way do they hold in the wet. It's been decently dry and warm, so I tried slicks... sudo slicks... RE71r that had worn faster than they heat cycled. They kind of worked.

Swapping to rain tires for the weather.

Attachments

• 1Like
Reactions: doublespaces

Stokes

Corporal
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
At what RPM/Gear?
6800 shifts aren't so bad. It's the 5500 under load shifts that spike. PS2 PWG.

Edit : any gear not spinning tires. Generally 3rd and up.
Edit Edit: N55 - dialed in a compressor map with PID and adder all zeroed out so that it was pretty close to target at different load targets.
Edit Edit Edit: after more testing today, wgdc spikes on all WOT shifts, regardless of gear or rpm... > 4k is all I tested.

Last edited: