DOC Race N54 Intake Manifold Released

wuX2

Lurker
Mar 21, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Ride
2008 135i
I don't believe you will be able to retain factory location inlets (and dcis) with this manifold, there is simply no space for it.

N54Trnsfmr

Lurker
Jan 27, 2018
Ride
2009 BMW e92 335i
I don't believe you will be able to retain factory location inlets (and dcis) with this manifold, there is simply no space for it.
Thanks for the reply wuX2, but not great news...
I'm just installing my new turbos and mmp fac-loc inlets now. I'll just have to change my setup again when the intake arrives in June.
My stockers are smoking too much now to drive it as it is.

lamia2super

Corporal
Dec 3, 2016
Miami, FL
Ride
2007 BMW 335i & 2016 Tacoma
Phew, just got in on this with a few hours to spare. I'm running FBO with VVT 2+ and want to retain factory location dci's.
So I just went for the lower flow injectors, as I'm not chasing DCT busting power

yeah definitely can't fit the DCI here and I don't think you need so much fuel for upgraded stock turbos. you might have jumped the gun

Reactions: N54Trnsfmr

N54Trnsfmr

Lurker
Jan 27, 2018
Ride
2009 BMW e92 335i
yeah definitely can't fit the DCI here and I don't think you need so much fuel for upgraded stock turbos. you might have jumped the gun

Thanks. I only had a couple of hours to make a decision before the offer closed. As I said earlier, I don't know a whole lot about fuel system options so I just made the decision. At least this way I'll be prepared for a possible ST setup later, and if it can work at all with my current setup I guess it will at least help to keep the intake clean. I did ask doc race the question about it being a worthwhile thing to use with my twins and they said as long as you go over 400whp I'll see gains. They didn't mention about the fuel being overkill.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
As someone mentioned here on a earlier post,will there be bung tappings (6) for running meth as a option?

@DOC_Race can you please respond? This is holding up at least 1 sale for you, probably many more.

I'm not sure if you guys got your answers, but John said that he is planning on shipping these all with meth bungs on each runner. If you don't need them, you can plug them. Either way, it looks like the group buy is closed already. But wanted to share an update that I read from him on Facebook!

CaStylin

Lurker
Mar 31, 2018
Ride
'10 535i, '09 X5 4.8l, '07 525
Is it too late to get in on this?

Payment today... in full =)

CaStylin

Lurker
Mar 31, 2018
Ride
'10 535i, '09 X5 4.8l, '07 525
I emailed them yesterday. Hopefully, I didn't wait too long... just had to make sure I could pay my bills first

N54MoreBoost

Feb 23, 2018
Ride
2007 ST 335i
I emailed them yesterday. Hopefully, I didn't wait too long... just had to make sure I could pay my bills first
Yes I was in the same boat. I emailed them a few days ago and still no response however now I can pay in full. There was no notice on the other forum that this was full. Real bummer

• Sad
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yes I was in the same boat. I emailed them a few days ago and still no response however now I can pay in full. There was no notice on the other forum that this was full. Real bummer
@DOC_Race will reply soon enough. I'd wait for the week to get going again, give him a chance to catch up.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
I saw an Instagram story from OCDWorkz (the guy who is machining the DocRace manifolds) and DocRace is currently physically at his shop. I can only assume they are going over intake manifold stuff and there will be updates soon.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Snagged these off his Instagram. Manifolds are coming along and it looks like an N54 valve cover too!
manifold.PNG
valve cover.PNG

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I could really get behind that manifold and VC if they can be provided without the logo, and if the IM has stacks in the plenum and fits with a stock location 335 expansion tank.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I could really get behind that manifold and VC if they can be provided without the logo, and if the IM has stacks in the plenum and fits with a stock location 335 expansion tank.

I'd imagine the manifold and VC are port matched. But who's to say. Stacks would be awesome, but I don't remember anything about that in the IM group buy? Maybe I missed it.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I'd imagine the manifold and VC are port matched. But who's to say. Stacks would be awesome, but I don't remember anything about that in the IM group buy? Maybe I missed it.
The valve cover sits on top of the head. There is not port matching between the two, not ports between the two. Port matching, in the case you're referring to, is the intake ports on the cylinder head and the intake ports on the intake manifold.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
The valve cover sits on top of the head. There is not port matching between the two, not ports between the two. Port matching, in the case you're referring to, is the intake ports on the cylinder head and the intake ports on the intake manifold.

Holy shit. Yeeaaaah, not sure what I was talking about earlier. I think I need a nap. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: The Convert

TheGoose

Lurker
May 5, 2018
Ride
2007 E92 335i
If you look on their website they have a product for it but no picture. When you try to go to see more detail's it's all of the information is from the manifold