Does the VTT Breather Work?Not according to this Company.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Why attack the customer?!? You could simply say that you are sorry for the issues they’ve been having and will Timothy ship them a replacement if they send you their shipping address. Period.

The idea of wanting to supply good products and good customer support has to co-exist with the reality of (a small percentage of) people preferring to go online and complain about a product rather than shoot us an email. This is literally stated by many of them "oh I figured this would be a good way to get your attention". Not really. As stated many times through the years, if any of you have an issue shoot me an email and whatever it is, I'll help drive it to resolution. Those that want help get it.

fredcase

Lurker
Jul 9, 2017
Ride
07 e90 335xi MY, 07 e92 335i M
There is your problem. ECS while great a reselling things, the right hand rarely knows what the left hand is doing. They buy LARGE batches of things, and when orders are placed they are packed by people packing hundreds of different brands of parts. We had let them know when V1 was having issues to pull them from stock and use the V2's instead. Possibly the notice did not make it all the way down the chain. Not sure, but one email to myself, Sales, or Tony would have landed you a V2 to your door in a few days time. Instead, you are here, we can't help if we are not contacted.

Let’s find out if I have V1 or V2. What version came with the rubber o-ring already installed? From what I understand, V2 had the ring, I actually had to install a second ring to get it to fit nice and tight. Poor, sloppy fitment, and stuck balls out of the box.

So, you had a product known to fail, and you didn’t recall this product from your distributors?

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
The idea of wanting to supply good products and good customer support has to co-exist with the reality of (a small percentage of) people preferring to go online and complain about a product rather than shoot us an email. This is literally stated by many of them "oh I figured this would be a good way to get your attention". Not really. As stated many times through the years, if any of you have an issue shoot me an email and whatever it is, I'll help drive it to resolution. Those that want help get it.
As much as rolling over to the customer can hurt. Pushing back on them just further drives “bad” customer behavior. It’s a two way street.

• Agree
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
As much as rolling over to the customer can hurt. Pushing back on them just further drives “bad” customer behavior. It’s a two way street.
Rolling over to a customer never hurts if it keeps a customer. When sent a proper complaint request via email even if its utterly rude, the response is usually, sorry for your experience, how can we fix it? We also recognize people that are consistent VTT haters for a very long time. We could prob bring him breakfast in bed and he would tell us his eggs are not perfect over easy and VTT is garbage at making eggs. All jokes aside a direct email would have gone a long way to fix his issue in a very quick time frame.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
While I see where you're coming from to an extent, I also agree with Chris and can understand his decision to defend his company when it's being called "trash" and all of their products denounced. Just by judging from that guys post you can tell hes not a fan of VTT and had/has no intention of getting things fixed properly.

If I buy something that doesnt work right, I either return it or ask for a replacement - especially if its ~$100 or more. The logic is pretty simple and VTT has been known to replace things 100% free of cost and very quickly when you email them. Even the "big bad" Tony has always been very good with customer service in my experience, from answering questions on weekends to replacing my breather and SPLOCK with the newer revisions no questions asked and with next-day shipping.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
While I see where you're coming from to an extent, I also agree with Chris and can understand his decision to defend his company when it's being called "trash" and all of their products denounced. Just by judging from that guys post you can tell hes not a fan of VTT and had/has no intention of getting things fixed properly.

If I buy something that doesnt work right, I either return it or ask for a replacement - especially if its ~$100 or more. The logic is pretty simple and VTT has been known to replace things 100% free of cost and very quickly when you email them. Even the "big bad" Tony has always been very good with customer service in my experience, from answering questions on weekends to replacing my breather and SPLOCK with the newer revisions no questions asked and with next-day shipping.
You can defend a company without insulting the customer. By insulting customers and acting unprofessionally, it sends a message that they are uncooperative and unwilling to stand behind their products if the customer acts out. If you don’t see all that, then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: E92 420 and Torgus
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
You can defend a company without insulting the customer. By insulting customers and acting unprofessionally, it sends a message that they are uncooperative and unwilling to stand behind their products if the customer acts out. If you don’t see all that, then we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Telling him what he did wrong in looking for a solution is insulting him? I guess we can agree to disagree then. No, telling someone you are unwilling to stand behind your product sends the message you are not willing to stand behind the product. Telling someone, all you had to do was drop us an email with the problem, instead of standing on a soapbox on the internet does not, but this is 2019 we deal with this all the time on FB. Someone has an issue, they never contact us, and say we suck. You address and move on. I also spoke with Tiago from VRSF this morning, he said misinformation, they have no breather in the works, and no plans to make one.

fredcase

Lurker
Jul 9, 2017
Ride
I have no interest in using your ghetto fix. It was manufactured, and or engineered incorrectly. Was not tested properly. And we all know you have ZERO quality control there.

Complete junk, like everything else you guys sell.

• Agree
Reactions: Dc317 and Torgus

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
There have been a few instances where people reported the ball sticking on VTT breather oil cap (prior to shifire race posting about it).

That being said, Jake Ulch is a sketchball and a moron. Not one original thought in his peanut brain and he has to resort to copying products and setups from others, and often doing a shitty job at it.

• Agree
Reactions: Panzerfaust

Dc317

Lurker
Mar 31, 2019
Erie, PA
Ride
2008 135i ST 1m clone
Why attack the customer?!? You could simply say that you are sorry for the issues they’ve been having and will promptly ship them a replacement if they send you their shipping address. Period.

Might end up with a VTT rep knocking on his door trying to fight like they do on the forums :tearsofjoy:

• Funny

fredcase

Lurker
Jul 9, 2017
Ride
Oh, a vendor get called out on a shitty product, and spoolstreet sweeps it under the rug to the octagon.

Nice work shitstreet.com

Shitstreak.com

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Oh, a vendor get called out on a shitty product, and spoolstreet sweeps it under the rug to the octagon.

Nice work shitstreet.com

Shitstreak.com

lol VTT has a bad enough rep on their own, no help needed. I promise you this post being in the octagon isn't doing anything to help them.

Shitfire Race on the other hand the less attention that scumbag receives, the better. Jake Ulch is turning N54 scene into full retard honda bois he needs to fucking chill.

fredcase

Lurker
Jul 9, 2017
Ride
lol VTT has a bad enough rep on their own, no help needed. I promise you this post being in the octagon isn't doing anything to help them.

Shitfire Race on the other hand the less attention that scumbag receives, the better. Jake Ulch is turning N54 scene into full retard honda bois he needs to fucking chill.

Unfortunately, I don’t know of many other cars you can pick up for well under $10k, throw $5k into it and make almost 600hp

Honda 2.0

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Unfortunately, I don’t know of many other cars you can pick up for well under $10k, throw $5k into it and make almost 600hp

Honda 2.0
Theres a honda that you can make 600hp with on bolt-ons and an E tune?

I really hate the "N54 is the new Civic" thing. Theres idiots on every platform, cheapskates on every platform, etc. Even back when E90P was the only forum worth using and people were arguing JB4 vs JB3 vs Cobb, the same shit still existed. It's just now that the cars are cheaper you see more people in general owning the cars vs. back when they were 20k+ used or MSRP new. We also have a lot more people who are knowledgeable on the platform now (yes the dinguses outweigh them still) and people with much better builds too. I'd also argue that the N54 scene is much more diverse than the Honds scene - not everyone runs the same exact build and theres a whole hell of a lot less slammed and cambered to shit cats than there are with civics. You increase the overall population of anything, and you increase the amount of both "unwanted" and "wanted" people.

Reactions: gingerbreadman

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
Anyone experienced a loss of vacuum in the crankcase with the breather ?

The check ball in the vid does not seem it can reliably hold the vacuum - that would affect the turbo oil drain ...