DP meth base BEF

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Hey guys, I know I know I've been MIA over a year but I change hobbies and flip flop... Well I'm working back on my car again more.

I want to plumb up my direct port set up and get her running with no leaks and then tuned...

Does anyone have a BEF for direct port meth or a suggestion to get me up and running. Nothing I'm using is a kit or off the shelf so I expect some head aches with leaks and such and would really like a mild BEF to get me up and running, make sure I'm leakless then get her tuned :)

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I would pick your tuner of choice and get a base map from them. DME should pull fuel when it goes rich from all the meth.

Reactions: angu116

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I would pick your tuner of choice and get a base map from them. DME should pull fuel when it goes rich from all the meth.
I was kinda thinking that but didn't know if it would be able to pull Enough.. I got to thinking and figured with a 50/50 I could still check for leaks and it wouldn't be as much fuel to pull

Thanks for the input 👍

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Just get the tune started before you test it, not after. Get the twisted tuning flow sensor, wire to the dme then itll only pull fuel when you have meth flow. That way you can run two different maps on the same flash.

Itll let you install it, test it and if it doesnt flow you wont run lean. Also a really nice feature. @Twisted Tuning setup is really nice.

Reactions: angu116

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Just get the tune started before you test it, not after. Get the twisted tuning flow sensor, wire to the dme then itll only pull fuel when you have meth flow. That way you can run two different maps on the same flash.

Itll let you install it, test it and if it doesnt flow you wont run lean. Also a really nice feature. @Twisted Tuning setup is really nice.
I've been out of the n54 world for about a year or so.. can this be used with jb4 meth control?

I guess all in all for testing I can use a 50/50 to not go unbelievably pig fat and test for leaks and still push it a little bit.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
If you’re using jb4 why are you worried about it.

Doesn’t the jb4 have a flow sensor and adds boost/pulls fuel based on that?

Also. That’s not how it works between 50/50 or straight meth. If anything you’ll have even richer mixtures with water, because of how much it quenches/cools the combustion chamber.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
You use a ff tune to do it that way but with the jb4 you can do it as well and you can simply use the jb4 meth map . Best way check for leaks is fill system with water and dont install nozzles into intake yet and use the test or prime feature on most controllers. Otherwise pick your meth ratio and start with small nozzle. You can easily get a meth tune or bef and run e30 for safety so if it dont spray or anything you have factory nannies and extra octane plus with meth spraying your right inline with your scalars at that point

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5

Also. That’s not how it works between 50/50 or straight meth. If anything you’ll have even richer mixtures with water, because of how much it quenches/cools the combustion chamber.
Exactly not rich cause no fuel but you can quench very easily. Also running straight water is bad test cause you need meth to test your seals .

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT

I'm not worried about the safety factor of it, I'm worried about it running so poorly/rich I won't be able to get any kind of a pull out of it.. basically I'm afraid of it falling on its face as soon as she triggers flow..

I'm not 100% correct a 50/50 mix would be richer than just straight meth??? Meth will quench just as well not to mention it being a fuel, obviously water not being a fuel... Yet that's is.. oh what the future may bring LMAO 😂

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Exactly not rich cause no fuel but you can quench very easily. Also running straight water is bad test cause you need meth to test your seals .
Yes I have no intensions of running straight water. That's no test in its self. I've have leaks before on straight meth that I didn't have with a mix, meth straight is one hell of a fuel that really outs a test to seals and parts. BTW everything will be compression fittings so I'm hoping for minimal set backs 😁

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
I have ran 1500cc of straight meth on a base tune before. It will pull as much fuel as it can and run richer for everything it can’t.

You will be able to do pulls and datalogs with the system setup and no meth file but it will be safer to test with a non meth file. And you’ll easily be able to see the meth working in your short term trims, afr and iat

Don’t worry about it so much

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I have ran 1500cc of straight meth on a base tune before. It will pull as much fuel as it can and run richer for everything it can’t.

You will be able to do pulls and datalogs with the system setup and no meth file but it will be safer to test with a non meth file. And you’ll easily be able to see the meth working in your short term trims, afr and iat

Don’t worry about it so much

Thanks for the boost of confidence, idk why I have been so worried about the direct port it's only a little more than the current dual nozzle set up I'm running right now...

I'll attach some pictures of how I have her all set up minus plumbing tomorrow.

Reactions: typedRew