Ds mode problem

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
Hi everyone, I been having problems with my ds mode in my car.

I had replace the shifter assembly, I te code everything and I do the alpina coding.

Will the mechatronic valves had anything to do with this problem?

Btw, this is a e91 328i with a full 335i swapped.

Any help will be really appreciated.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This was what I read on another forum:

everything works excellent except that i don't have DS mode or paddle shifter working yet. manual works up and down, but if i am in manual only works with the shifter not paddles and after few second will go to d mode by itself

I am willing to bet that you've got some wiring issue. What transmission does the 328 have? There are probably some incompatibilities in the harness compared to the ZF we've got?

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
I replaced everything except the
Footwell and junction box.

I did not replaced any wiring inside the cabin, yes I did replace the rest of them out side th cabin.

We swap all wiring out side the cabin from motor to transsmision.

Transmisión is from the 335i that I bought side crashed, so the motor and tranny came out together for the car alone it's all computers modules, brakes, complete steering wheel colum,

I am willing to bet that you've got some wiring issue. What transmission does the 328 have? There are probably some incompatibilities in the harness compared to the ZF we've got?

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
I will look I to what transmission the 328i e91 2009 got and compare it to the e92 335i 2009, good call there.

Thank you very much

I am willing to bet that you've got some wiring issue. What transmission does the 328 have? There are probably some incompatibilities in the harness compared to the ZF we've got?[/QUOTEi

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I will look I to what transmission the 328i e91 2009 got and compare it to the e92 335i 2009, good call there.

Thank you very much

Yeah I don't know, but I think the brand would be different from N52->N54. I think you'd then need to look up the wiring diagrams and make sure everything is switched over.

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_7303.JPG
    IMG_7303.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_7304.JPG
    IMG_7304.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_7310.JPG
    IMG_7310.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 259

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
actually the same thing happened to my friend with a pre 07/03 335 with a swapped used tcu

i coded it already but its still the same... rheingold keeps complaining about gear signal or something...

the tcu also had issues holding pressure to clutch and throws a transmission light after a few WOT... but then the last owner of the tcu had the same issues and codes as well but he replaced it with a new valvetronic body and it went away

perhaps tcu mismatch?

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
I was not there when that did that part of the swap, I wonder now if the left the 328i tcu and they did not replace it with the you from he 335i.
Because I did not had in the 328i paddle shifters and it does not recognize that as well now that I have gen connected .
I will double check on that as well.
Can I buy an tic from another 335i and swap it and re code to see if that helps?

Thank you very much for your time and help!!! It is really appreciated!!!!!

actually the same thing happened to my friend with a pre 07/03 335 with a swapped used tcu

i coded it already but its still the same... rheingold keeps complaining about gear signal or something...

the tcu also had issues holding pressure to clutch and throws a transmission light after a few WOT... but then the last owner of the tcu had the same issues and codes as well but he replaced it with a new valvetronic body and it went away

perhaps tcu mismatch?

328iwagon

Lurker
Nov 13, 2016
Coral Springs
When you say valvetronic, do you mean the solenoids valves inside the mechatronic? The body and solenoids valves?

perhaps tcu mismatch?

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
sorry yes i meant valvebody in the above post

if you want to check your tcu version then just use tool32 and read the hardware version off it...

Because I did not had in the 328i paddle shifters and it does not recognize that as well now that I have gen connected .

if you didnt have the paddles before you will need to hard wire the switched to the +/- on your shifter and code the car to have a sports steering wheel by editing the VO list and recoding the car...

however, in my experience, some cars still wont allow the paddles to shift after recoding but since i didnt do the wiring part, i cannot answer if the wiring was at fault

also... there may be some difference between the switch itself or the wiring used for the d/s switch in the shifter column between pre 07/03 and post 03/07 cars....the easiest way to confirm this is to scan your car with rheingold and see if it comes up with a gear position code and cross check the shifter column and see if they share the same part number

unfortunately i dont have the knowledge to answer your question as i own a MT myself

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
When I installed my performance wheel on my last 335i I had to buy a harness from BMS I think. It converted my car to have the paddle shifters.