Dynamic Auto Werx Turbo Upgrade N54

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I really hate the "stg 1-2-3-4" etc nomenclature. It's bullshit and doesn't mean a damn thing. Might as well call them turbo Nike air pod boosters.

Best of luck to them but I feel like marketing without dynos, photos of installed and uninstalled product should be prohibited.. Proof of product and claims is ESSENTIAL.

@doublespaces

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I have to agree on the "stage" marketing is pretty silly since there is not set boundaries to identify "stages".

I disagree with needing the marketing of dyno graphs and photos though. You don't need all that stuff if the hardware is spec'ed correctly and the balancing sheet it there, you don't need "proof they make 9999999 HP".

A friend of mine ran these turbos all summer, and they have been great for him. Plenty of power since he pulled on my like a freight train. The only down side right now is longevity but only time will tell.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Exactly give us flow in lb ir cfm at 2 pressure ratio and call it a day we aren't asking for efficiency islands in photoshop's aka frankenturbski I just want to be able say my nozzle areas bigger than yours

• Funny
Reactions: NoGuru and Torgus

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I have to agree on the "stage" marketing is pretty silly since there is not set boundaries to identify "stages".

I disagree with needing the marketing of dyno graphs and photos though. You don't need all that stuff if the hardware is spec'ed correctly and the balancing sheet it there, you don't need "proof they make 9999999 HP".

A friend of mine ran these turbos all summer, and they have been great for him. Plenty of power since he pulled on my like a freight train. The only down side right now is longevity but only time will tell.

Proof they function in some way? Something. Anything.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
3yr Warranty sounds appealing tho

3 years? No chinese or American company which makes n54 turbos would ever agree to 3 years. That is an insane liability and not sustainable unless the warranty is written very explicit and even then...do you see Garrett or PTE or BW offering 3 year warranties?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
If we have any disagreement about the warranty that we are unable to resolve we will both abide by the decision of an agreed arbitrator or, if we are unable to agree on an arbitrator, one will be appointed by the Law Society.
This section of the warranty troubles me. There is no such thing as the Law Society in the US.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
This section of the warranty troubles me. There is no such thing as the Law Society in the US.
When I read the warranty I also thought the same thing as I never heard of it. I intended to look it up but never followed through. Might not be a bad idea for someone to follow up and get clarification. @Das-AutoWerkz

Filippo

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
At the very least, anyone who installs these turbos thinking they may someday submit a warranty claim should document everything - how the install was done, list of parts, who did the install, maintenance, etc. Even perhaps do their own YouTube as a way to document all that was done properly. So if the manufacturer then denies what appears to be a proper claim for some made-up BS reason then one would have plenty of ammunition to properly shame them into submission on social media.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I know with my hydra turbos replacement chra is 395 so it really isnt crazy for them to offer considering half people that blow them dont actually follow through and then alot may be talked into an upgrade etc.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
This user has incurred an infraction for this post.
Assembled in the USA? Out of curiosity have they posted one photo of a turbo being assembled or proper balancing equipment etc? Has anyone been to the shop to see their set being assembled? Many people such as FT claimed US assembled turbos, they were simply having Chinese parts assembled by a local turbo company, and slapping their name on them. Not saying these are not built in the USA, just wondering if they have any proof to back up what they are saying. Their eBay listings all say made in the USA, but all of their photos are clearly the same non-USA made housings everyone is using. Some clarity for people would be nice. We have offered many times for people to come see their set of turbos being assembled and balanced at our facility, quite a few have taken us up on it, including some larger dealers. We are going to do a shop walk around, and turbo assembly video soon as we get some time.

Chris

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Who needs photos? What are photos anyway? It's all pixels man. From all the documentation I've seen they might as well do a sketch in MS Paint and it'll improve their standing.

Assembled in the USA? Out of curiosity have they posted one photo of a turbo being assembled or proper balancing equipment etc? Has anyone been to the shop to see their set being assembled? Many people such as FT claimed US assembled turbos, they were simply having Chinese parts assembled by a local turbo company, and slapping their name on them. Not saying these are not built in the USA, just wondering if they have any proof to back up what they are saying. Their eBay listings all say made in the USA, but all of their photos are clearly the same non-USA made housings everyone is using. Some clarity for people would be nice. We have offered many times for people to come see their set of turbos being assembled and balanced at our facility, quite a few have taken us up on it, including some larger dealers. We are going to do a shop walk around, and turbo assembly video soon as we get some time.

Chris

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
If we have any disagreement about the warranty that we are unable to resolve we will both abide by the decision of an agreed arbitrator or, if we are unable to agree on an arbitrator, one will be appointed by the Law Society.
When I read the warranty I also thought the same thing as I never heard of it. I intended to look it up but never followed through. Might not be a bad idea for someone to follow up and get clarification. @Das-AutoWerkz

Filippo
We've seen no more posts here since the turbo offering intro. I had a few minutes and did a bit of digging. So "The Law Society" is a convention of the UK. Got nothing to do with the USA.

I hit the web site, https://www.das-autowerkz.com/, but lots of boiler plate in the about us, shipping & returns, terms & conditions. The FAQ link goes nowhere. The two "partner sites" listed at the bottom of the web site - one goes to a "this domain for sale" the second, no such domain exists. Note, the web site is Copyright 2019. According to the domain record for das-autowerkz.com, the record was created on 07 August 2019, 42-days ago, and registered for 1-year.

Since they are a platinum vendor with Spoolstreet, there is at least some kind of business relationship here. @doublespaces any ideas what the story is here?

Filippo

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jeffman