E89 3DM Motorsport E89 Z4 Atacama Yellow Build

Fran

Jun 6, 2018
Ride
Z4 35i
Glad to see your projetc. I have problems too with the fuel pump to achieve consinstent 600hp(850nm). Good luck!!!

pbondar

Sergeant
May 30, 2020
Hello, a couple of questions relating back if I may..

1) I see earlier on you used the phoenix yellow 6 pot BMW performance brake front calipers by Bembo..how did you find the braking with the change from the stock 35is larger disk but simpler caliper? Did you re-program the DSC unit in any way or change any of its parameters?

I have the same 6 pot calipers which I'm moving from ny 20i to 35is

2) I see you fitted 245/35 19 front tyres..not sure what you fitted to the rear..were they 9J and 10J rims?

How was the steeting and handlin with those and was there any rubbing..I've got some 437M wheels and the 245 275 are the preferred fitment sizes..

TexInAZ

May 30, 2022
Fantastic thread. I recently bought a 2011 Atacama Yellow 35is and I would be interested to know where you sourced your yellow/carbon fiber roll hoops from. That would be a great mod for my car.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Fantastic thread. I recently bought a 2011 Atacama Yellow 35is and I would be interested to know where you sourced your yellow/carbon fiber roll hoops from. That would be a great mod for my car.
Yellow was shot by a paint guy.

TexInAZ

May 30, 2022
Reactions: fmorelli

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
From here we ran the new line along the carbon canister line, using MIL-SPEC wire ties. When we reached the back of the car, we drilled a 3/16" hole across the empty connector so we could wire tie the large line to the connector. For the connector above the driveshaft, we ran a wire tie around the bottom of the connector, so we could then slide to wire ties around the first tie and secure the new line on either side of the connector.

Finally I did not take any photos of the fuel pump or filter installation. We were too predisposed dealing with fuel and honestly there was no easy way to take photos of the inside of the tank. Below is a final photo of the new LPFP and filter installed, with the supplied 90-degree fitting.

View attachment 10693

I hope some of these details help another Z4 owner. Once the flex fuel MHD module is released, we'll install the flex fuel pins into the DME harness.

Filippo
Hello Mr. Flippo et al! I would soon be upgrading to -6AN E friendly fuel line on my E89, can you post a link to the fittings you used here at the tank lid? namely the quick connect one thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Hello Mr. Flippo et al! I would soon be upgrading to -6AN E friendly fuel line on my E89, can you post a link to the fittings you used here at the tank lid? namely the quick connect one thanks.
I missed this question. Parts can generally be found in the Google spreadsheet linked in the first post of this build thread.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BTB5XC/