E92 335xi Build

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I can mount the rims/tires over the next few days and I can throw up a few pictures. No modification to the fenders will be needed :)

That's great news. I'm much happier with a little concave. Are you running the stg2 bucketless in this car or do you have the works in it?

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
That's great news. I'm much happier with a little concave. Are you running the stg2 bucketless in this car or do you have the works in it?

Agreed on loving the concave profile. The profile 3 imo looks really nice and adds a bit of aggressiveness to the car.

We actually aren't 100% sure what direction we are going with my car in regards to the LPFP. I've been known to "over do" things a bit so we will see :)

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
My prior XI was right around 620 awhp/620 wheel torque. Day to day driving, it was fine.

From a track/drag strip standpoint, the front diff, and shaft in my case proved to be the weak link. I blew up the front diff on 2 separate occasions launching at the track. Torque level the first time as about 620 or so, the front diff exploded, and the front driveshaft twisted, causing a horrible shake at cruising speed.

The second attempt at the track, the car was dialed down to about 575-ish torque and it still busted.

That being said, the car ran and launched perfectly at the track around the 500-520 wheel torque level for an entire season.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
My prior XI was right around 620 awhp/620 wheel torque. Day to day driving, it was fine.

From a track/drag strip standpoint, the front diff, and shaft in my case proved to be the weak link. I blew up the front diff on 2 separate occasions launching at the track. Torque level the first time as about 620 or so, the front diff exploded, and the front driveshaft twisted, causing a horrible shake at cruising speed.

The second attempt at the track, the car was dialed down to about 575-ish torque and it still busted.

That being said, the car ran and launched perfectly at the track around the 500-520 wheel torque level for an entire season.
It's too bad there is no big power solution to the xi yet. I would love to see one with 800whp fly down the track.

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
Hey- the arc 8s are 17x9 et30

Haven't picked a tire yet, won't be anything crazy- 245 or 255/40, I know some xi guys have complained about traction, but I personally never have had any issues
Good to hear that I'm not alone.. DTC all the way off in the rain and I can launch in 2nd without a care in the world. I'm sure this comes down to what tire each person is running and I'm still on the set of pirelli cintratos that came with it when I bought it.

Keep up the good work. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave@Fuel-It!

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
Love your build Dave! By the way those 93 dyno numbers were with PI on or off?

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
Off- I need to get all my fueling stuff installed, I've been slacking bad with my personal car :(

Possibly going to the track this weekend, time permitting.

Ahh I see! This is giving me hope of hitting high 400s or low 500s with an ST 6062 setup on 93 with s2 lpfp. Best of luck if you do wind up hitting the track this weekend!

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I was cutting 1.6 60fts last night consistently. Got the check to order my new wheels and tires. I'm gonna go 255/40/17 square. I was set on buying nitro invos but they don't make them that size. Any tire recommendations?

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
I was cutting 1.6 60fts last night consistently. Got the check to order my new wheels and tires. I'm gonna go 255/40/17 square. I was set on buying nitro invos but they don't make them that size. Any tire recommendations?

I was actually starting to look at tires myself tonight.

Personally I've only used PSS, but want to try somthing different. Believe it or not, Federal (I know...) has been getting really solid reviews...