E92 Headlight Wiring

BrettJP

Private
May 30, 2017
Ride
08 335xi e92
For the last several months, I've been under the impression that the reason DRL lights kept going out, was because I was using cheap bulbs. Yesterday I finally got some not-as-cheap bulbs delivered, and quickly realized that something else was actually the case.

I can see that the H8 DRL and the H3 cornering light are wired together. My left side DRL will not turn on, but the cornering light will turn on. This is the case with any bulbs I throw in there. The insulation around both brown wires (not the yellow) that run through the H8 connector are peeling. I made my best attempt at wrapping it with electrical tape, but it didn't solve my problem.

Does anybody have any experience with either replacing the connector or reseating the pins in it? I'd really like to fix this. I'm tired of leaving the bulbs out so the gate guards on base don't stop me for "having a light out" even though it's just a DRL. I prefer to keep them rather than delete.

P.S. 2008 E92 335xi coupe

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
@BrettJP
Yea, I can help. Shoot me a PM. If I'm not mistaken those are just grounds, so easy to re ground. Send me a pic of the wires/connector.