Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Eibach front stabilizer bar Review - recommended.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I just installed the front Eibach front sway bar that is made to go with the Pro Kit Springs. Previously had M3 front and rear swaybars with M3 suspension and dinan rear toe links, ecs tuning rear trailing bar...then added Eibach springs and noticed more stability...however, geometry of M3 way bars was not made for Eibach lowered springs...so I installed this and WOW...what a difference. Car is more stable, no dipping on brakes or acceleration...almost totally flat in all driving scenarios.

If you get Eibach springs, I highly recommend getting the swaybar that is made for those springs. You won't regret it.

Pros: Cheap and more stability
Cons: a little heavier than stock M3 sway bar.
Recommended buy: YES.
Degree of difference in handling: Noticeble. Absorbs rough road noises and car is quieter, stays flatter in motion and braking, car feels more "one piece" than before.

Difficulty of install: I installed this morning before work from 6:40 am to 8 am. There was a minor glitch during install: the Eibach bushings do not match the stock M3 swaybar bushing holder that fastens onto the subframe...so you have to
1. use a dead blow hammer to force the oversized Eibach bushings into the M3 bushing housing which is smaller than the bushing themselves.
2. You have to be super flexible with legs and feet to hold and pry the bushing housing into position to thread the subframe bolts into the holes in order to screw on the nuts...or it's a two person job.

Reactions: Torgus

Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
Did you install E/U 11-20-013-01-VA or F11-20-013-02-VA front springs? Both are offered for the 3-series, and the 02 is a little longer. My experience with 01VA was terrible. Way too low and soft for the Z4 35i, especially when you add camber. I went back to OEM up front, but kept the stiffer pro-kit rear springs. Everything else being equal, this also tunes the chassis towards less understeer.

For those curious, here's the stance with oem front, pro-kit rear, running 245 pirelli slicks, et30 rims and a good amount of camber.

IMG_20190719_145913.jpg

BTW I thought the eibach sway bar were hollow just like the M3 bars to reduce weight? I have the HR set which is solid and pretty heavy. Also on the Z4, they are three way adjustable rear only, so I had to customize the front bar to make it adjustable.

In my opinion there isn't really a golden stiffness when it comes to sway bars. It is always a trade-off between comfort and response. I use different settings depending on what I like on the street and what is fastest on the track. As an example I may use the softest setting in the rain, or for long road trips were comfort is a priority.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Did you install E/U 11-20-013-01-VA or F11-20-013-02-VA front springs? Both are offered for the 3-series, and the 02 is a little longer. My experience with 01VA was terrible. Way too low and soft for the Z4 35i, especially when you add camber. I went back to OEM up front, but kept the stiffer pro-kit rear springs. Everything else being equal, this also tunes the chassis towards less understeer.

For those curious, here's the stance with oem front, pro-kit rear, running 245 pirelli slicks, et30 rims and a good amount of camber.

View attachment 33781

BTW I thought the eibach sway bar were hollow just like the M3 bars to reduce weight? I have the HR set which is solid and pretty heavy. Also on the Z4, they are three way adjustable rear only, so I had to customize the front bar to make it adjustable.

In my opinion there isn't really a golden stiffness when it comes to sway bars. It is always a trade-off between comfort and response. I use different settings depending on what I like on the street and what is fastest on the track. As an example I may use the softest setting in the rain, or for long road trips were comfort is a priority.

02A version for 335i.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Koni Yellows.

I plan to switch to Öhlins RT kit after these new Koni Yellows go south.

I think you will like the ohlins! Hit up @barry@3DM if you need a set. He customized mine as well as the rest of my suspension. Worth a chat at least as I really doubt you want the stock spring rates which means swift springs and you need a revalve job.