EKP coding

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I'm getting conflicting info on how to code an EKP module for my car. Already have NCS expert set up and working. Have coded digital speedo, windows roll up, etc etc before.

What job name do I use to perform the actual coding on the EKP module after I read VIN and FA from the CAS module?

Some threads say there's an FA write job but I don't see it. Some threads say SG codieren. Thanks

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I'm rusty with my ncs stuff but I thought an fa write was only needed when changing vo option codes. I did an fa write when I added the sat radio option vo as well as when I removed tpms. For regular module coding I've always used sg-codieren.

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
Hi if you want to VO code your EKP then use SG_CODIEREN. FA_WRITE is to write the VO but only work with CAS and (N)FRM

Jerry1847

Lurker
Jan 5, 2022
Bumping this up. I'm struggling with coding a used EKP.
Im an 08 E61 535. Stock was an EKPM2 and fried when I upgraded the fuel pump (FBO+VTT stage 2 turbos).
I have a used EKPM3 thats a bit newer (HW version 6).

I can see the new module in ISTA
I get an error trying to use NCS Expert using the method described above. I do get a text box with fields that link to the data files im guessing.

Im new to NCS and this type of coding so please forgive stupid questions. I also really dont understand what I coding on the new EKPM3, is it just fuel voltages for my engine? Is there a file i need to flash? Or am i just flashing stock data to the new EKPM?

Thanks in advance. I spent month on my build and it sucks that this module seems to be the only thing not working.

littleslushy

Mar 13, 2024
EKP can be done simply by factory coding it in NCS EXPERT. If you want to change the VIN you see in INPA, you must flash the module and tick UIF write in comfort mode in winkfp configuration. Keep in mind M3's do not have ekp coding, only 335 and 328 if we are talking about E chassis.