EOSpeed Billet Fuel System Installation

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Glad to see you posted this guide up, I remember talking to you on FB two weeks ago or so because I had questions and this definitely answered them. Overall I really like the setup and if I had to start over I'd highly consider it myself.

I hope they offer each top hat or piece of the puzzle in general individually though - I do really like how the FPR bypass connects to the billet bucket but I'm good with my LPFP side setup and dont feel the need to swap it out for billet, however keeping the regulator in-tank is something I want very much. I would like to order just the drivers side hat if possible, run the bypass hose to my stock bucket and then use an 8an to stock sized QD adapter for the top of the tophat/fuel line and I'd call it a day with all of my fueling personally.

I've also always heard going up in hose size for the low pressure line doesn't make much of a difference in fueling, but damn does that 8an hose look beefy compared to the stock hose (which I believe is still 6an-sized ID, no?) and helps bring everything together. Maybe it's a combo of the braiding + picture angle + being (only?) 2 sizes larger, however I can't help but imagine that would help with flow more than a negligible amount, especially if people running a 525 secondary or running 3 pumps of anything.

Anyway, congrats Tyler on the sick setup in combo with the BMP4 and congrats to @EOSpeed on another awesome product. I'm glad you guys are from the Chicagoland/Joliet area so you can rep it, I still want a tour of your mad science lab some day though lol.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The 8AN is so far beyond what I need but I'm not going to turn it down. It creates absolutely no fitment problems other than the holders on the underbody need enlarged.

Also, you can just buy the driver hat by itself. Or the passenger hat. Or the bucket. Your choice. You'll be needing some fitting adapters but that is obvious.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
The 8AN is so far beyond what I need but I'm not going to turn it down. It creates absolutely no fitment problems other than the holders on the underbody need enlarged.

Also, you can just buy the driver hat by itself. Or the passenger hat. Or the bucket. Your choice. You'll be needing some fitting adapters but that is obvious.
Yeah, no reason not to run it if it came with the kit and is PnP. Maybe if someone was running just a stage 2 pump it'd be overkill due to needing to increase pump DC to create the same pressure:flow ratio? But when two 450s can make 95+PSI on the stock restrictive regulator and filter I dont think there's gonna be an issue in your case and if anything you just future-proofed your setup if you decide to go 3 pump or upgrade a 450 to a 525.

And I'm pumped to hear you can pick individual pieces, I'd been hoping to hear that since they announced the billet gear. I have no issues with running a fitting adapter or two if I have to, I'm confident even doing that the install would still look nice in the only location you can see it. As a matter of fact I'll probably start shopping around for a -8an to QD elbow and send them a message for pricing on just the drivers hat.
------
On another note, (sorry, I know I'm getting a reputation for long posts but sometimes someone's build is interesting or the products are new and lead to questions) do you have the car up and running yet? I believe I remember you saying you hadn't driven it in a couple months due to having certain parts out/waiting for install, is everything buttoned up now? I ask mainly because I'm curious how you like the BPM4 with your "moderate" low pressure side and if you've noticed any major differences between when the car was down and how it is now that you (hopefully) have it up and running with a bunch of shiny new toys.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
And I'm pumped to hear you can pick individual pieces, I'd been hoping to hear that since they announced the billet gear. I have no issues with running a fitting adapter or two if I have to, I'm confident even doing that the install would still look nice in the only location you can see it. As a matter of fact I'll probably start shopping around for a -8an to QD elbow and send them a message for pricing on just the drivers hat.

I'm a little interested in the regulator piece, but it's probably way overkill for my needs. They just finished assembling a passenger tophat for me, all I cared about was not melting it with the BPM4. That was $350, with wiring set up for 2 pumps, no harness since I got one with the controller. Shouldn't require any fittings since it's just the evap/vent lines out the top.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
On another note, (sorry, I know I'm getting a reputation for long posts but sometimes someone's build is interesting or the products are new and lead to questions) do you have the car up and running yet? I believe I remember you saying you hadn't driven it in a couple months due to having certain parts out/waiting for install, is everything buttoned up now? I ask mainly because I'm curious how you like the BPM4 with your "moderate" low pressure side and if you've noticed any major differences between when the car was down and how it is now that you (hopefully) have it up and running with a bunch of shiny new toys.

My car is still up on jack stands, but I did start the car obviously and dial in the fuel pressure. I decided to make a new transmission cooler while I had the car in the air, so I'm currently on the final stages of that which is waiting for my hose ends to show up. Once those are here, I'll be able to drop it back down on the ground again. I do have an 8AN fitting with a 1/8 NPT sensor port coming, so I might wait until next week so I can install my Derale/Spal trans fan kit that I've had sitting in my garage for about two years.

I don't get to drive the car at all, it has gotten around 2-3 thousand miles the last couple years as I'm always waiting for products to come out so my car sits in a half tore down state in my garage. I installed my single turbo in 2017 and the car had 57k at the time. Today, it has 60k and that is almost entirely datalogging rail pressure issues and trying to get my car to pass smog. I've been working with companies and multiple tuners trying to solve the HPFP drop out issues, seems like that is finally coming to an end. Some people thought it was belt slip on my shotgun, bad hpfp, tuning, lpfp, fuel quality and also some off the wall stuff. I've bought 3 extra hpfps, this is my second lpfp upgrade, now I have the helix and I've priced out PI. Now it is understood that there is a high pressure PID that is freaking out and the fuel pump basically says, "OUT OF BOUNDS" and pressure eats shit. That isn't really what is going on but that is my limited understanding as a non-tuner. So I'm expecting all this crap to work when it touches the ground so I can finally drive...

Reactions: Panzerfaust

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Here are some more random photos so people can get a better look:

• Love
Reactions: SSDD and Torgus

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Kind of a shame all that hardware gets hidden. Beautiful piece of kit, and nice write up.

Filippo

Thanks. This was actually my first time messing with the fuel system personally so I learned a decent amount, Mike was really helpful and hopefully this guide eases his burden for installation advice going forward.

This was my favorite tool:

Reactions: Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Yes ... that tool for the proper job of unscrewing any tank installation on BMW's for the last too many years. The cheap bahhhhstards just use a hammer and flat-faced punch :tonguewink: . It's a good write-up I'm sure it will help others and maybe inspire a few to pull the trigger.

Filippo

Reactions: doublespaces

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Nice write up, I went with the DIY kit from EOS...

Custom harness (modified PR harness and modified oem connector)
Custom in tank fuel line

No ekp upgrade for me as I don’t see the need for it as of yet. As a wise man once said “if ain’t broke don’t fix it” jk I’m just poor
0DEF0646-F7CF-4A48-8843-8173E3B1DEBB.jpeg
2D976F64-1B40-400E-846F-A7E5099015A0.jpeg

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
How much is this without pumps or bmp4 controller? I already have the pumps and controller.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Be interested in how you get on dialing in that regulator on WOT. Looks like the same unit I have on the radium fhst.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Be interested in how you get on dialing in that regulator on WOT. Looks like the same unit I have on the radium fhst.

I suppose you turn car on with mhd monitor amd adjust while lpfp sensor reads.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Sure. I've just found my regulator to be very sensitive over ~70psi and probably undersized when running a large capacity fuel system at low boost. Getting it sorted at idle is easy. I've had to dial in the duty cycle of for higher demands quite a bit.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
i have mine set at 90 psi lol

I seen radium has the same unit for passenger side. And cheaper i think... could be wrong. Btw
..while I was there I ordered their high side catch can to replace my BMS can... been looking for a mounting rig like theirs for years. Now I can clear up my rear engine compartment more...currently it is overcrowded and shit is mashed up against each other.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
How has this been doing since install? I believe my ekp is dying after putting in my 535. I can get one log in and the my rail pressure tanks. Not the normal not enough flow pressure drop, it is a straight line drop to 55psi. Car won’t start for five minutes then cruises around town fine. Which is the ekp cooling I think.

so I am looking at the bpm4. But I hear it can melt the top hat? Also not reassuring that I am about to spend $700 and cant get a hold of anyone at EOS. Am I stuck between choosing a stock replacement from fcp that may die quickly or risking burning my car down?