Eric's E92 build

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Engine and trany in and exhaust almost finished.
FullSizeR (3).jpg

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Eric, what's the plan specifically for the fenders? Just flaring out and trimming existing? I've been racking my brain on this for years and just can't commit to anything. I really don't want the car down for 6 months at a body shop. With the mickey mouse wide body kits out there so far the best option I've come up with is just cut the height of the fender.

So single walbro in tank to triple walbro surge right? F'n wish we could move away from stage x verbiage lol. Or at least say "vendor stage x which is this, that or whatever". Is the billet surge a one off or something the vendor plans on making available? Was it custom made to fit somewhere in the trunk specifically or customizing trunk to fit it?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Eric, what's the plan specifically for the fenders? Just flaring out and trimming existing? I've been racking my brain on this for years and just can't commit to anything. I really don't want the car down for 6 months at a body shop. With the mickey mouse wide body kits out there so far the best option I've come up with is just cut the height of the fender.

So single walbro in tank to triple walbro surge right? F'n wish we could move away from stage x verbiage lol. Or at least say "vendor stage x which is this, that or whatever". Is the billet surge a one off or something the vendor plans on making available? Was it custom made to fit somewhere in the trunk specifically or customizing trunk to fit it?

You don't sound like a fan of the clinched flares :tearsofjoy:

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I've looked at every widebody kit out there and even a few DIY ones and I don't like any. The liberty walk kit looks the best but I cant stand the riveted look or the fact that the pieces aren't seemless. I don't want something that looks bolt on so i will have the rear quarters custom done and seemless into the body as if it was made that way from factory. As for the surge tank, that fuel set up is still in the works and will be custom.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
What do you think of the prior design kits? I like the seem less flare design and want to integrate it into the M Sport bumpers with m3 skirts.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well maybe you'll have to design something custom. I'm considering investigating this myself next year potentially even making some molds.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I think on the E9x series there's some room (not much) to mini-tub and relocate some suspension components further inboard so you can stuff some tire inside some more. You might not need to do a full 5" flare to fit 355 if you did an inch inside with a small mini-tub.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Damn, I used to want the black stoptechs so bad. Then I looked into my wallet