Eric's E92 build

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So just to be clear that dyno graph was on single barrel only and no port injection??

Yes, technically its a double barrel but the other pump is not activated which makes it the equivalent to a single barrel. With both kits, the relocated pump becomes the default pump and the factory location pump gets a check valve and is activated by an external controller. So without activation, it literally is just a single barrel shotgun.

The two kits are incredibly similar, with the exception of a block off plate, a fuel rail mod and a few lines/fittings.

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Yes, technically its a double barrel but the other pump is not activated which makes it the equivalent to a single barrel. With both kits, the relocated pump becomes the default pump and the factory location pump gets a check valve and is activated by an external controller. So without activation, it literally is just a single barrel shotgun.

The two kits are incredibly similar, with the exception of a block off plate, a fuel rail mod and a few lines/fittings.

So we can say a single barrel with no PI or meth just successfully fueled a 700WHP single turbo car?? Maybe I am missing something but I find that quite impressive and a major breakthrough in fueling!!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The motor is fully built though (high lift cams, stage 3 head, internals etc) and I'm running a stage 3 LPFP for what its worth

Yep, but the important part is the fuel was there to make that power possible. Did you have any problems with belt squeal?

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Well just finished up dyno tuning with Jake from Motiv. Got to a little over 850WHP before fueling issues arose. Seems my ID1300 injectors put a heavy toll on the lpfp and it can't keep up.

20180330_174745.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I think that's the highest dyno I've seen on the PD trans, how did it hold up?

At what point did the double shotgun run out of fuel?

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Steering wheel is from Nelson racing wheel. And we never turned on the second hpfp because of lpfp issues. Im getting rid of the stage 3 pump and putting in a DW400 and two walbro high flow 450s with 10an kevlar fuel line. Should flow better and increase my pressure which I need more of. Trany held up fine but I wouldn't launch it with that much torque.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Steering wheel is from Nelson racing wheel. And we never turned on the second hpfp because of lpfp issues. Im getting rid of the stage 3 pump and putting in a DW400 and two walbro high flow 450s with 10an kevlar fuel line. Should flow better and increase my pressure which I need more of. Trany held up fine but I wouldn't launch it with that much torque.

I have a DW400 right now and since I won't need both walbros I'm just going to put in one. Will be plenty for me.

I'd like to see what the double shotgun does, this is good information for the rest of us :)

If you can keep the transmission happy then by all means. I'd like to see what it will handle without being exposed to launches or abuse since that is how I would intend to use it.