Extra usable headlight switch button

mlamp89

Lurker
Dec 2, 2016
Columbus ohio
Hey all,

I currently have aftermarket subs and an amp in my 335i. I'd like to install my amp remote line on a physical switch so I can kill it whenever. But, I want to keep it looking stock. So, I looked at buying the euro style headlight switch because it uses the rear fog light button. But it's 150 bucks when a simple switch is a buck. So, I'm asking if anyone has a better idea? I haven't taken out my stock switch to look, but I presume there's no switch mechanism there now. Any other ideas for a switch are appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That won't work. If you buy the euro fog panel, you gain the functionality, it's not a dead switch. I've got one and had one in my last car too. What you want is a button down by the seat heaters. There are PDC buttons and perhaps other ones you could install and hijack. Another option is the heated steering wheel button .It would require replacing your attending column trim but the button has a couple wires you might be able to use. But remember these are not your typical analog switches.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Has anyone had luck hi jacking the SOS button, such a cool button for a line lock or something

Most of the buttons on the car aren't your typical switches, but if you wanted to hijack a switch, I recommend trying the heated steering wheel button. Most people don't even have it, its a clean location right on the steering column and its discrete. The button would require some work to make it do anything interesting, but the location is pretty good IMO. If not, there is always the PDC button that many people don't have.