Fastest N54 XI? Post it up!

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Dragtimes has the stock turbo 335xi world record listed at 11.76 in the 1/4. Does anyone here know if that's held up? If so, I'm gonna see how close I can get in a week. Really only hoping for 11.9x but idk where I'm at haha.

Sprygsxr14

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
e90335xi
Dragtimes has the stock turbo 335xi world record listed at 11.76 in the 1/4. Does anyone here know if that's held up? If so, I'm gonna see how close I can get in a week. Really only hoping for 11.9x but idk where I'm at haha.

I have an 11.86 up there. I should be able to beat that 11.76 no problem hoping for a mid 11 when the tracks open back up.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
No issues as of yet. The XI makes the installs of turbo kits a little more intrusive but thats already known. Some not particular to The specific car i posted, but a general XI issue that i saw on my own car some time ago, is......

THE CRAPTASTIC T-case Mount. Its sooooooo soft. and its the only thing holding the rear of the drivetrain. So thus there is a lot of slop in the XI drivetrain in stock form. Let alone at high torque output. So im making a new stiffer mount and possibly a brace. Hopefully have it available for people by the summer.

Discount for me? (; I'll be needing that after FBO and especially after single turbo.

I'm interested to see how this turns out

Since people had asked in this thread.....

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads...e-transfer-case-mount-inserts-group-buy.2329/

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I have an 11.86 up there. I should be able to beat that 11.76 no problem hoping for a mid 11 when the tracks open back up.
I had an 11.93 last season, i only had fmic chargepipe and dci, mhd stg2+ e60. Now i have fbo++ with BimmerlifeTuning coils. Im sure i could beat it with v8 beta e50, but im gonna have @Twisted Tuning get me optimized. Also ordered the tcase insert he posted about... ripped out a bumch of weight too. Idk how far im gonna go with weight reduction, since some people will say my et is illegitimate concerning full weight vehicles. Im fairly confident im gonna be low 11s on stockers haha

Sprygsxr14

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
e90335xi
I had an 11.93 last season, i only had fmic chargepipe and dci, mhd stg2+ e60. Now i have fbo++ with BimmerlifeTuning coils. Im sure i could beat it with v8 beta e50, but im gonna have @Twisted Tuning get me optimized. Also ordered the tcase insert he posted about... ripped out a bumch of weight too. Idk how far im gonna go with weight reduction, since some people will say my et is illegitimate concerning full weight vehicles. Im fairly confident im gonna be low 11s on stockers haha

Stage 2+ without downpipes? How much weight/what did you pull out? Stock turbo record is still 11.01 on a 335is I believe, I would still love to see one in the 10s seeing as how most hybrid twins and single turbo builds cant even get there.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Stage 2+ without downpipes? How much weight/what did you pull out? Stock turbo record is still 11.01 on a 335is I believe, I would still love to see one in the 10s seeing as how most hybrid twins and single turbo builds cant even get there.
Yeah, sorry it was the v7 e60 map, recommended for dps but i didnt have any. Idk if i created any issues for myself lol it seemed to run decently at the track. I dont think ill be 11.01, id have to pull a lot more weight and i dont want to be so invasive as to start removing the audio system because i dont want to deal with wiring. I have an e92, so far ive pulled out: the rear folding seat, with the ski bag thing. They were pretty heavy. Rear side bolsters, and seat bottoms. Rear floor mats. Rear seat belts, top and bottom. Left, right, bottom trunk liners, with the battery cover tool kit. Foam insterts under the trunk liners and whatever the cargo hooks are in the trunk right behind the rear seats. Rear center console. Stock Muffler delete. Whatever the net loss was from inlets, outlets, dps. I have 17" apex arc8s with 245/45 mickey thompson street comps, the combo weighs about 42lbs per corner so i saved a good chunk of rotating mass. Also ditched the cowel filter when i first got the car, along with airbox and vaccuum canisters. I dont think theres anything i missed. I plan on getting cf hood and trunk, as well as swapping the front seats for some sparcos or brides if i can find a good deal on some that arent knock offs.

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
Yeah, sorry it was the v7 e60 map, recommended for dps but i didnt have any. Idk if i created any issues for myself lol it seemed to run decently at the track. I dont think ill be 11.01, id have to pull a lot more weight and i dont want to be so invasive as to start removing the audio system because i dont want to deal with wiring. I have an e92, so far ive pulled out: the rear folding seat, with the ski bag thing. They were pretty heavy. Rear side bolsters, and seat bottoms. Rear floor mats. Rear seat belts, top and bottom. Left, right, bottom trunk liners, with the battery cover tool kit. Foam insterts under the trunk liners and whatever the cargo hooks are in the trunk right behind the rear seats. Rear center console. Stock Muffler delete. Whatever the net loss was from inlets, outlets, dps. I have 17" apex arc8s with 245/45 mickey thompson street comps, the combo weighs about 42lbs per corner so i saved a good chunk of rotating mass. Also ditched the cowel filter when i first got the car, along with airbox and vaccuum canisters. I dont think theres anything i missed. I plan on getting cf hood and trunk, as well as swapping the front seats for some sparcos or brides if i can find a good deal on some that arent knock offs.

Weight reduction, I like it !

• Agree
Reactions: doublespaces

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Weight reduction, I like it !
Yep. Today i started adding a few pounds back. Im gonna try to make some rear seat delete panels to make the car look not so incomplete. This is where im at right now. Gonna glue some trunk felt to it when im done. 20180123_183341.jpg

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
Yep. Today i started adding a few pounds back. Im gonna try to make some rear seat delete panels to make the car look not so incomplete. This is where im at right now. Gonna glue some trunk felt to it when im done.View attachment 8273
If you have a sunroof, you can delete that as well. Iā€™m probably going to be doing a bit of weight reduction over the winter- not as extreme as what you are doing, but I like where your head is at.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
If you have a sunroof, you can delete that as well. Iā€™m probably going to be doing a bit of weight reduction over the winter- not as extreme as what you are doing, but I like where your head is at.
Im honestly considering doing the sunroof delete. But if i did i would end up leaving the interior roof panel out too lol and i need a semi complete car here.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Well i finished off my weight reduction this winter with a single 3" exhaust with vibrant resonator, and a carbon fiber hood. As i ascend into the tuning process with justin, i have a question about rear diff braces. Since im auto awd, and the driveline is taught when i stage and launch, how beneficial would a diff brace be?

Reactions: Twisted Tuning

Sprygsxr14

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
e90335xi
Well i finished off my weight reduction this winter with a single 3" exhaust with vibrant resonator, and a carbon fiber hood. As i ascend into the tuning process with justin, i have a question about rear diff braces. Since im auto awd, and the driveline is taught when i stage and launch, how beneficial would a diff brace be?

Benifits might only be for wheel hop then, if you even get any. I get some if I launch a little too hard but im manual and cant load everything at the line as well as you can with the auto. I try with the ebrake but it doesnt hold well enough.

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
Iā€™m going to run my car next week at a local test and tune, going to shoot for a mid 11 on a radial. Will post updates soon.

Reactions: Cheezy

Sprygsxr14

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
e90335xi
Im shooting for April 29 or May 6. Im really hoping for a mid-low 11 but the driver mod is real with this car. Its a bear to get everything right with my setup.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
This is all I got today. Stock turbo xi, mods:
Chargepipe/ tial bov
Vrsf stock location inlets
Vrsf outlets
Vrsf catless dps
Vrsf 7" HD fmic
Fuel it stg2 bucketless lpfp
BIMMERLIFE Tuning coil pack conversion
Ngk 1step colder plugs @.026
single 3" exhaust from dp back w/ vibrant resonator.
Xhp stg2 trans flash
Cf hood
80a engine mounts
Diff brace
I ran open inlets (no filters) it was hot as balls. Iats probably 130ish to begin the race lmao, especially because I hotlapped and got my pb. Posted are my timeslips and a screenshot of D/A Corrected.IMG_20180616_135228455_LL.jpg Screenshot_20180616-141006.png

Reactions: TwinTurboWAWD

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
This is all I got today. Stock turbo xi, mods:
Chargepipe/ tial bov
Vrsf stock location inlets
Vrsf outlets
Vrsf catless dps
Vrsf 7" HD fmic
Fuel it stg2 bucketless lpfp
BIMMERLIFE Tuning coil pack conversion
Ngk 1step colder plugs @.026
single 3" exhaust from dp back w/ vibrant resonator.
Xhp stg2 trans flash
Cf hood
80a engine mounts
Diff brace
I ran open inlets (no filters) it was hot as balls. Iats probably 130ish to begin the race lmao, especially because I hotlapped and got my pb. Posted are my timeslips and a screenshot of D/A Corrected.View attachment 12385 View attachment 12386

So in theory, if one accepts the altitude conversion. Wouldn't this be a new XI stock turbo record?

Reactions: TwinTurboWAWD