Fastest N54 XI? Post it up!

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Hey guys, I'm back. I went 11.8 @114mph on stockers. They blew and I ordered frankenTurbos, so in a couple weeks I'll be back out. 11.0 or bust :wink:

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Any Xi guys getting ready for the upcoming season? Weather is starting to break.

I'll be taking mine out one of the first open days at the local track(Milan MI) as soon as work permits. But I won't be going for any records in its current state.

Eager to hear peoples new setups or goals

I'll have;

09 Xi

PSP 600ic
BMS Chargepipe, stock DVs
BMS DCI
N55 rwd coupe exhaust(no secondaries or resonator) + PE mod
MHD Stage 1+ 93 tune(OTS)
XHP Stage 3 trans tune.
Walnut blasted, new plugs and ill have track cooling turned on for the day.

Hopeful for mid 12s on straight 93. I'd like to trap 110+ but i dont know if I will, mostly due to the driver(350lbs). I ran a stock pass on dragy after the walnut blast and did 13.8 @ 100(in negative DA with clean roads).

Downpipes to come with some other maintenance later this month.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Any Xi guys getting ready for the upcoming season? Weather is starting to break.

I'll be taking mine out one of the first open days at the local track(Milan MI) as soon as work permits. But I won't be going for any records in its current state.

Eager to hear peoples new setups or goals

I'll have;

09 Xi

PSP 600ic
BMS Chargepipe, stock DVs
BMS DCI
N55 rwd coupe exhaust(no secondaries or resonator) + PE mod
MHD Stage 1+ 93 tune(OTS)
XHP Stage 3 trans tune.
Walnut blasted, new plugs and ill have track cooling turned on for the day.

Hopeful for mid 12s on straight 93. I'd like to trap 110+ but i dont know if I will, mostly due to the driver(350lbs). I ran a stock pass on dragy after the walnut blast and did 13.8 @ 100(in negative DA with clean roads).

Downpipes to come with some other maintenance later this month.

Thoughts?
You're local to me? Milan's my go to track as well. I'm going for the record. N54 xi

Reactions: typedRew

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
You're local to me? Milan's my go to track as well. I'm going for the record. N54 xi

That's awesome, yes, i'm in Newport, just outside Monroe MI. Milan is about a 25 minute drive for me.

When you go, get in touch, i'd love to come at the same time if work permits.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
That's awesome, yes, i'm in Newport, just outside Monroe MI. Milan is about a 25 minute drive for me.

When you go, get in touch, i'd love to come at the same time if work permits.
I'm from Toledo, so we're closer to each other than to the track lol I'll post in here a few days before I go. Im not going tomorrow, too much tuning left to do. If I m not doing anything I might go spectate.

Reactions: typedRew

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
I'd like to go tomorrow but i'd rather use my free time to install my new intercooler, hopefully gets to me tonight.

Yeah just post up when you're headed there to run, ill try to make it.

Reactions: Cheezy

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
I'm from Toledo, so we're closer to each other than to the track lol I'll post in here a few days before I go. Im not going tomorrow, too much tuning left to do. If I m not doing anything I might go spectate.

Ever make it to the track?

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Ever make it to the track?
Hey yeah, sorry I totally forgot about this conversation. I went twice, once on a Wednesday and the other was the Toledo tuners spring rental. Both times I didn't do too well. My oil pan gasket is seeping pretty bad now so I won't be back until it's changed out. IMG_20190523_230731461.jpg

Did you ever make it out yourself?

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Hey yeah, sorry I totally forgot about this conversation. I went twice, once on a Wednesday and the other was the Toledo tuners spring rental. Both times I didn't do too well. My oil pan gasket is seeping pretty bad now so I won't be back until it's changed out. View attachment 27394

Did you ever make it out yourself?

I haven't gone to the track yet for the same issue. My oil pan is leaking and I dont want to put someone else at risk due to that, so until i fix it, the best I have done is a few dragy runs on a street near my house which were promising considering i have so little done to it.

So I hope I can do similarly well in warmer weather after sitting in staging lanes.

Attachments

• 01556557414.png
    01556557414.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 77

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Does sound like a CV to me. Managed this on the street but couldn't put it up at the track lol
View attachment 27396
Thats a solid pass. Even though the street lacks the prep, not having to deal with staging lane heat soak is nice.

And thanks for the tip on the cv. What does everyone run for replacements? Parts store stuff? Rock auto? BMW original is like $600 per side.