FCP Lifetime Warranty, Oil Changes, et al

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Let’s all carefully read the FCPEuro Lifetime Replacement Program:

The FCPEuro Lifetime Replacement program will replace any part purchased from them, “Every auto part you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life, for as long as you own the vehicle.”
It works like this: You buy a first part from FCP (keep the receipt!). It then wears out. You purchase the replacement second (keep the receipt!). You then send back the first worn one to them with the first order number showing what you paid for it, they then send you a credit for that first purchased amount. Following their description, since you now have a second order number showing you purchased the second one, well then, when that one wears out you buy a third one. When you receive the third one, send them the second purchase order info showing them what you paid for the second one, and they’ll reimburse you for the second order. Ad infinitum. So FCP’s Lifetime Return program will effectively cover all of your HPFPs returns as long as you follow their instructions exactly.

Also keep in mind the website says you can “2. Use it, abuse it, wear it out.”, so spinning the crap out of all of your purchased FCPEuro HPFPs with your Helix spinny thingy is covered by the program and is not fraud as a previous poster suggested.

View attachment 29203

Go have fun everyone!

Technically it still is fruad. They are expecting you to abuse a stock car, not a highly modified one. When you buy a new car or a certified one your covered as long as the car stays stock so you can drive it hard and abuse it all you want and your covered. They do not cover modified parts or parts that modify other parts. So if you think you still believe that your right or morally right then do what ever you want, but just remember when things do get abused by customers and when that happens on a level that costs a company 50k+ it just screws it up for the rest of us.

Costco used to have the same policy on electronics but the people who only think about ways to cheat other companys to save a buck (when you know your wrong for doing it) just remember that if fcpeuro decides to start having exclusions or gets more strict everyone will remember thos thread, and the people who caused a policy change. Do what ever you want, just dont be mad if fcp catches on and denies people eventually.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
The pretty crazy markup on parts for our cars helps.
I've bought thousands parts from them in the past half dozen years. Their prices have been on par with lower cost guys, sometimes beating them, sometimes a bit higher.
I doubt i'll ever have to use FCP's warranty on it and they charge a hell of a lot more for their pump than the generic OSIAS ones you can get on amazon for $200. If Osias can sell a pump for $200 and make a profit then FCP can surely make a profit off their $500 pump kits even if people make one or two claims for a new one lol.
First off, FCP doesn't sell the OSIAS pump. Compare apples to apples. I've also heard OSIAS is shit. But YMMV.

Given this is an HPFP thread, let's look at the BMW factory reman pump:
FCP Euro 13517616170 price is $500 - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-remanufactured-high-pressure-fuel-pump-13517616170
BMW of Fairfax with discount is $676 - https://bmwoffairfaxparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=13517616170
(there is the "secret" not so secret 13517616446 ... and you might do better with that from BMW counter)
Any other of the common dealers for a the same BMW OE pump (not copy/china/et al) are in the $500 or so price range)
I've bought oil from FCP. I can tell you right now I won't ever make a claim for warranty on my used oil. It costs money for a box, packaging, shipping heavy oil, printing return info, driving to the post office, etc. Shits annoying and after paying shipping you're saving $20 max per oil change vs just going to Walmart and scooping up Edge Euro from Walmart for $24 a jug. I am sure most people feel the same way. $45 per oil change vs $25 per oil change with FCP warranty hassle.
Since I've actually done it let me provide hard data:
I ordered up 3 5L bottles of Liquimoly for 2 vehicles, along with 2 filters for $140. Box arrives from FCP. Empty oil from cars into oil catch. Pull filters and change filters. Reload with new oil. Now ... what do you normally do with oil? You have to dispose of it. In the return case, you literally put the used oil in the containers that came, the used filters in the new boxes, put them back in the FCP euro shipping box. Order up new oil/filter for next round, fill out return form, print a ship label with your favorite online app, and drop the box off at the local pickup point. This is in lieu of packing up the oil and taking it to a place that accepts used oil. Shipping back was $8 for me. The oil order was $140. So basically I got $130 of stuff for printing a form and filling out a shipping label online. That's the total extra work.

If you are running $20 oil from walmart, definitely not worth it.

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Technically it still is fruad. They are expecting you to abuse a stock car, not a highly modified one.
T&C's always have explicit definitions. If they wanted the warranty to cover only stock cars, their lawyers would have written it as such. That's Lawyer 101.

Filippo

Reactions: veer90

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Ive been doing rotors and brake pads through them for a couple of years. Also had no
Issues swapping suspension parts( from my bad installation)You pay again but once proof is provided from invoice or cc history you get the money back.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
Technically it still is fruad. They are expecting you to abuse a stock car, not a highly modified one. When you buy a new car or a certified one your covered as long as the car stays stock so you can drive it hard and abuse it all you want and your covered. They do not cover modified parts or parts that modify other parts.

Let's read the warranty again.

Q: Does this really include every part you sell?
A: Yes, our lifetime replacement covers every single product we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc. This covers every part across every brand, including OE, OEM, genuine, performance, aftermarket, and re-manufactured parts.

Q. Does this guarantee still apply if I track my car?
A. It absolutely does. We're proud to offer some of the highest quality parts and reputable brands in the industry. Regardless of whether our parts are installed on a daily driver or a track car, we guarantee to stand by our promise.

Your FUD about fraud is absurd, the cases you're talking about are specifically covered.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I ordered up 3 5L bottles of Liquimoly for 2 vehicles, along with 2 filters for $140. Box arrives from FCP. Empty oil from cars into oil catch. Pull filters and change filters. Reload with new oil. Now ... what do you normally do with oil? You have to dispose of it. In the return case, you literally put the used oil in the containers that came, the used filters in the new boxes, put them back in the FCP euro shipping box. Order up new oil/filter for next round, fill out return form, print a ship label with your favorite online app, and drop the box off at the local pickup point. This is in lieu of packing up the oil and taking it to a place that accepts used oil. Shipping back was $8 for me. The oil order was $140. So basically I got $130 of stuff for printing a form and filling out a shipping label online. That's the total extra work.

Filippo

This is blowing my mind.buy oil and filter,then return the used oil and filter for free coverage of new oil and filter.i have never heard of this lol.its nuts that they are warranting you to return beat up oil and filter.how do they make money.unless no one really new about the warranty guidelines. Well now they do.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
buster84 said:
Technically it still is fruad. They are expecting you to abuse a stock car, not a highly modified one.

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
You'd be a fool to think these parts actually cost that much for FCP at wholesale lol. Especially the non-bmw branded shit. Manufacturing agreements and branding rights have expired on some of this stuff. It's being sold under different names for fractions of the original prices.

You're right... FCP isn't selling brand new Osias pumps. They are selling re-manufactured junk lol

Filippo

Not a chance you shipped 15L of oil for $8 but OK. Glad it works out for you. I still not spending my time doing any of the above. The liquimolly FCP sells is junk oil anyway. It's not even the good stuff.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: typedRew

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
The pretty crazy markup on parts for our cars helps. You would have to warranty some stuff 3-4x. Realistically, most people either blow their car up or sell it before they have to replace a HPFP as second time... I've gotten 125k out of my original pump. About to replace it now even though the car is running fine. I doubt i'll ever have to use FCP's warranty on it and they charge a hell of a lot more for their pump than the generic OSIAS ones you can get on amazon for $200. If Osias can sell a pump for $200 and make a profit then FCP can surely make a profit off their $500 pump kits even if people make one or two claims for a new one lol.

I've bought oil from FCP. I can tell you right now I won't ever make a claim for warranty on my used oil. It costs money for a box, packaging, shipping heavy oil, printing return info, driving to the post office, etc. Shits annoying and after paying shipping you're saving $20 max per oil change vs just going to Walmart and scooping up Edge Euro from Walmart for $24 a jug. I am sure most people feel the same way. $45 per oil change vs $25 per oil change with FCP warranty hassle.

^ This. 5 quart bottle of A3 Edge 0W40 is $22.00 shipped on Amazon, I bought a 5 pack of OEM filters that comes out to $7.50 each. I fill a 5 gallon paint bucket with oil and dump it at Autozone for free.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Not a chance you shipped 15L of oil for $8 but OK. Glad it works out for you. I still not spending my time doing any of the above. The liquimolly FCP sells is junk oil anyway. It's not even the good stuff.
Yup. I went back and looking it was $12 via Fedex. Interesting, my Blackstone laboratory analysis for my liqui-moly oil changes have been excellent.

Filippo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I am close enough to FCP that I can drive there and drop it off or mail it for cheap. I don't bother with the hassle in all honesty. I have oil jugs and just dispose of the old oil at autozone 1 minute down the street for free as I have done for years. I know oil/filters are a consumable. I know they are fine taking it back and that is part of their go to market strategy. I personally feel like I am taking advantage of their policy but that is just me. I will use their warranty policy on parts that have a more 'real' cost associated with them. Life time 02 sensors are nice, just like lifetime HPFPs, coil packs, etc. Things that last longer than an oil change basically.

That being said by all means get 'free' oil changes if you like saving a few bucks and don't mind the small hassle. They advertise it on purpose and it is to get you to buy all of your parts from them. For good reason, the new part they sell you will likely last you longer than you will own the vehicle in most cases.

If you have a bunch of buddies with 335s you could easily abuse their policy given the rate plugs, coil packs, oil, etc. has to be changed on these cars.

There is a guy on YouTube project farm that did synthetic oil testing.i personally use Schaeffer's 9000hd 5w40 and have been very happy.you should check out on youtube.here is picture of oil used and finals.Liqui-Moly was on the lower side.

Found it:

Last edited:
Reactions: BOosted 335i

silverstreak18

Corporal
Jan 3, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Ride
2016 M3

FCP somehow gets different, inferior Liquimoly than everywhere else?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Maybe FCP refills and sells the returned LiquiMoly oil containers with the returned oil LOL :D

This is why they want the old oil back. They just strain all the returned old oil into moly containers. That way you get all the additives from all the oils. It is a superior blend and when aged a few years it is as good as a nice chianti with a decent nose.

In all reality the old oil does have a small value associated with it. Given the mark up on oil and the few customers, I would guess under 1% who return, I am sure they still net a profit even with their oil & filter return policy.

My buddies dad used to strain the oil old oil from industrial customers and heat his entire shop all winter long on old engine oil for free. He would charge a disposal fee which I thought was such smart business. Like the tire disposal fee at a tire shop and then they sell all the old rubber. Nothing like double dipping.

Reactions: Jeffman

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
FCP somehow gets different, inferior Liquimoly than everywhere else?

There are like 50 different types of liqui-molly. Just generally speaking, the stuff sold in the North American market is not the good group iv synthetic stuff sold over in the European market. This is common with all oil manufacturers. Hence why we buy the "European car" Castrol Edge. Or, the "European car" Mobil 1. It's not the same as the blends designed for today's american market and cars.

You can find quite a few threads on BITOG and elsewhere of people trying to figure out which liqui-molly is actually the "good" true group iv synthetic stuff. From what I remember seeing on FCP, they carry Mollygen, leichtlauf high tech, and a few others. Definitely don't bother with anything other than the Leichtlauf high tech. I think my point was more that even the Leichtlauf high tech is nothing special for the premium you pay for it.

Start digging into the brand you and you'll see what I mean with all the varying blends. The following are all "synthetic" 5w-40 LM oils but vary in their approvals and actual base oil...
LM2332 "leichtlauf high tech"
LM 1306 "synthoil high tech"
LM 2040 "synthoil premium."

My buddies dad used to strain the oil old oil from industrial customers and heat his entire shop all winter long on old engine oil for free. He would charge a disposal fee which I thought was such smart business. Like the tire disposal fee at a tire shop and then they sell all the old rubber. Nothing like double dipping.

I think I do remember reading from FCP that the oil gets recycled as heating oil.

Last edited: