Flash MSD81 DME e92 335i N54 with DCT to 335is

pe7er

Lurker
Jul 26, 2018
Ride
335i
So that means just get the 335is INA0s bin file(sp-daten?) or a backuped .bin from another 335is and flash it with mhd as custom map ?! without setting this hex value to 01

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So that means just get the 335is INA0s bin file(sp-daten?) or a backuped .bin from another 335is and flash it with mhd as custom map ?! without setting this hex value to 01

Sounds that way.

For those interested in flashing DCTs we have a whole section dedicated to that box here.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I haven’t tried again to be honest. But. My friend with his Z4 35i.
I tried to flash the Z4 35is ZB# to his ECU. It flashed with no errors. Then we generated a new stock file and the MHD app still records the same original ZB# as Current. It didn’t update. So don’t know what we did wrong. His car has no issues. Was fine. It’s like it didn’t accept the new software.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
You can flash an INA0S bin over top of IJE0S without issue now using MHD. After switching ROM versions though, the features that are based on the original ZB (generate backup, return to stock, etc) may not work as expected and you will not receive official support if not using your correct ROM type.

We allowed you to switch ROM versions if you want, but then it becomes your responsibility for flashing to stock etc.

GiannisTTR

Feb 21, 2020
Germany
Ride
335i n54 DCT
For EU ijeos there is the problem if you switch to inaos, you get an HTML error with the OTS Mhd. Would be good if you could turn off the Mhd option.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Yes
Jake can correct me if I get anything wrong here.
  • Flash a stock Ikmos bin using the “flash custom map” function.
  • Read that file save it as it’s your new flash back to stock file.
  • Send that file to your tuner they’ll send you the Ikmos bin with your tune

there’s an added complication with euro cars and Jake can help you as per his post above

Reactions: Mr Rage

Mr Rage

Lurker
Feb 12, 2020
Crewe
Ride
2009 E92 335i M-DCT IKM0S 2.81
Yes
Jake can correct me if I get anything wrong here.
  • Flash a stock Ikmos bin using the “flash custom map” function.
  • Read that file save it as it’s your new flash back to stock file.
  • Send that file to your tuner they’ll send you the Ikmos bin with your tune

there’s an added complication with euro cars and Jake can help you as per his post above
Thank you

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Awesome. Need to get my tune ported to IKMOS now
whats the advantage of porting to IKM0S now?
im still on IJE0S and have reverted my car back to completely stock again. but will go and carry on modding in the future again.
Just want to know if its really that worth it.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So Ive just used the MHD method and its as simple as the three steps - The read back of the file is via the "stock map operation" It will overwrite your original BIN so save it first. Im no good in Tuner pro and have sought help with the DTML error.

The advantage is that IKMOS had some nice things out of the box. One of them being that the throttle delay tables had more aggressive settings etc
The other advantage is that if you want to try to attain further functionality such as M drive and MDM and you want to experiment then you need an M DME.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi Guys.
Sorry for the thread Necro.

Just to update, ive been running IKM0S for just on a year now, and since tis last weekend, ive created myself a bit of a Hybrid bin file with the very best IKM-S has to offer as the base map, and then added the very best that the Z4 35is INA0S bin has to offer (z4 35is has 3d Fuel Scalars as stock as well as a host of other additionals that are better than the 1M IKM0S bin, so ive ported them over.

I also played a bit by adding and changing some tables as per V8Baits tuning guide, im not sure what i changed, but during flashing it failed, stating that i need MBoost in MHD to flash the file correctly, so i assume there was some adjustments that were done over and above regular adjustments? im not sure.
So i purchased the MBoost licence, and reflashed and it as perfect.

The immediate noticeable difference is the smoothness when accelerating in daily drive mode, i assume this could be the 3D Fuel Scalar, but there were a fair few tables updated and ported from the INA0S file. its made remarkable improvement.

As in this thread, i flashed the BIN as a custom flash, then once loaded, i generated a New Backup from the current bin which loaded the VIN detail, then i reflashed again as a custom map (i found that flash back to stock didnt yield the desired result)

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hi Guys.
Sorry for the thread Necro.

Just to update, ive been running IKM0S for just on a year now, and since tis last weekend, ive created myself a bit of a Hybrid bin file with the very best IKM-S has to offer as the base map, and then added the very best that the Z4 35is INA0S bin has to offer (z4 35is has 3d Fuel Scalars as stock as well as a host of other additionals that are better than the 1M IKM0S bin, so ive ported them over.

I also played a bit by adding and changing some tables as per V8Baits tuning guide, im not sure what i changed, but during flashing it failed, stating that i need MBoost in MHD to flash the file correctly, so i assume there was some adjustments that were done over and above regular adjustments? im not sure.
So i purchased the MBoost licence, and reflashed and it as perfect.

The immediate noticeable difference is the smoothness when accelerating in daily drive mode, i assume this could be the 3D Fuel Scalar, but there were a fair few tables updated and ported from the INA0S file. its made remarkable improvement.

As in this thread, i flashed the BIN as a custom flash, then once loaded, i generated a New Backup from the current bin which loaded the VIN detail, then i reflashed again as a custom map (i found that flash back to stock didnt yield the desired result)

Are these changes something that could be shared with others?