Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Here's some pics of the carnage of the blown motor:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

And here's current progress. Replacement motor is in, and it's all put together aside from the front end of course. Wires are all plugged in, all hoses are routed, etc.

Of course the AWD motor uses an AWD specific oil pan, however that pan is the same across the N52/N54/N55. Any of them will work. Also of note, the AWD pickup tube/oil tray inside of the oil pan is AWD specific. The RWD one does not clear the AWD oil pan. My AWD one was smashed by chunks of connecting rod and/or piston, and I couldn't find one used. Had to order one from Germany, so I'm waiting on that.

full.jpg

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@doublespaces any idea why half my pictures aren't working?

Here's some pics of the carnage of the blown motor:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

And here's current progress. Replacement motor is in, and it's all put together aside from the front end of course. Wires are all plugged in, all hoses are routed, etc.

Of course the AWD motor uses an AWD specific oil pan, however that pan is the same across the N52/N54/N55. Any of them will work. Also of note, the AWD pickup tube/oil tray inside of the oil pan is AWD specific. The RWD one does not clear the AWD oil pan. My AWD one was smashed by chunks of connecting rod and/or piston, and I couldn't find one used. Had to order one from Germany, so I'm waiting on that.

full.jpg

You'd have to show me, since I can't see any issues