Footwell Module 3 New Coding Help

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
It is impossible to put e92 lights on an e93. That's even worse scenario than the light bulbs situation you were talking about.
They have slightly different form factors and do not fit in the receptacles.
I have not looked closely, how much different are they? I was under the impression it was only the electronics which differed, but I had not checked.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Finally upgraded to LCI tail lights and used Carly to code them. No need for FRM3.

TOTAL PRICE 500 ISH WITH SHIPPING. PLUS ADAPTERS ADD 80.
20190516_192635.jpg
20190516_192652.jpg

Reactions: Rob09msport

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I was gonna say 09 should be frm2 which is compatible with led just need to code off bulb check. BMW used frm2 or nfrfm whatever it was lol for led before they went to frm3 it imo is the best one to have. And what doublespaces was saying wasnt that it wouldnt work but when you reverse bulb died eventually would be pain cause they are soldered. He wasnt saying you would deal with that now.

Last edited:
Reactions: matreyia

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I need to redo mine I bought name brand panels and CF but had a body shop install the side skirts and I don't love the fitment meanwhile i did my bumper and diffuser which needed drilling and it fit perfect

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I need to redo mine I bought name brand panels and CF but had a body shop install the side skirts and I don't love the fitment meanwhile i did my bumper and diffuser which needed drilling and it fit perfect

Do not trust body shops. They usually do bad jobs, you know your car better than they do unless they specialize in BMW. And it's not rocket science. After installing rear m sport bumper, front m sport bumper m3 side skirts... there is literally nothing I will not do now that I know how to adjust fitment. The other day I installed. Dinan non msport intercooler on an m sport car... custom cutting etc...and it was the same technique as installing the wagner evo 3 on my pre LCI car.

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
That's what it is it isnt hard just takes a little extra time to get the lines nice. Usually most places are to interested in volume or dont start working on assembly until day of delivery lmao. I had a shop tell me was gonna flatbed car to me cause of making me waste day taking off for them to not finish. Then at 3 In am after a no show tell me was going on vacation with wife to get away so I had to come get car. So I last minute had to take off another day and go to another state to get my car and got it back with bent rim and endlinks hanging off car among other things lmao. Best part is I left alone and the the owner starts telling people he made over 600 hp on 40 percent wastegate duty cycle on this forum recently lmao. That's when I realized he just in over his head. Alot of people unfortunately have no business working on these cars but are able to follow you tube videos. Worst part is best salesman are worst mechanics and best mechanics are worst salesman so when you find that guy that knows wtf he doing hang on for dear life