Fuel issues

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I have an 07 335i st, i went to leave for work and about 1/4 mile down the road, the reduced engine power light came on and it was sputtering/misfiring horribly. I was able to limp it home, plugged in my tablet and pulled codes (2E33 - DME:fuel injector, cylinder 4, activation), 30AF - DME:fuel injector, cylinder 4, activation) and a shadow code (2FDB - fuel high pressure). I checked for continuity on injector #4 wires from the injector plug to the dme, both were good. I replaced cylinder #4 injector, no change. I had all 6 mosfets replaced a few months ago due to #6 going bad, so I decided to test them anyways, they all tested ok. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas where to look next?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I have a New in Box HPFP I don't need that I can send out today. From ECS with the core receipt included as well if you send in your old one after you swap.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
As I expected, i change the high pressure fuel sensor, cleared codes started vehicle, then it stalled after a few seconds. Threw the same code (29E2 - fuel injector rail, pressure sensor signal) lpfp pressure and hpfp pressure completely mimic each other. I ordered a lpfp sensor and a hpfp, i will update once installed.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
take a look at your LP fuel sensor and see if you visually see any corrosion on it or near the plug. that sensor influences the rail pressure and ultimately the hpfp
I couldn't see any corrosion but its hard to really see down there. I wasn't able to reach down and remove the connector to check the pins, so I ordered a lpfp sensor and a hpfp.

Xm-n54

Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
Something to think about when you get this resolved, get an oil change. I had two leaking injectors and there was about half a gallon of gasoline in the engine. Since it was misfiring, it must have some unburnt gasoline in there. I was extremely shocked to find that much gas in there. Good luck with problem.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Thanks to Justin @Twisted Tuning because he is a life saver... and a money saver. He suggested to look at the low pressure fuel sensor and I figured what the hell, ill try a low pressure fuel sensor, if that doesn't fix it I'll replace the hpfp. Either waste $50 or save $500. It turned out the low pressure fuel sensor was the issue. I just need to install my driver seat so i can finally drive this bitch again!
IMG_4241.JPG

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Thanks to Justin @Twisted Tuning because he is a life saver... and a money saver. He suggested to look at the low pressure fuel sensor and I figured what the hell, ill try a low pressure fuel sensor, if that doesn't fix it I'll replace the hpfp. Either waste $50 or save $500. It turned out the low pressure fuel sensor was the issue. I just need to install my driver seat so i can finally drive this bitch again!
View attachment 5837

Good deal man. Glad she's back and it was a fairly simple and inexpensive Fix

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Which code or combination of codes was it that made you think the sensor was the issue?

i'd need to go back and look at me and Steve's convos again as i can't fully remember (dozens of emails daily for stuf so they all blend together after a while). But i vaguely remember basing my opinions off the symptoms moreso than a code. But don't quote me.

Reactions: doublespaces