Getting into maintenance

K_Troopa

Lurker
Jul 11, 2018
Ride
2008 535xi
Injector is physically replaced. I was celebrating and it was time for the easy part: programming in inpa. I did my battery before so I thought no problem. Idk if it's my version of inpa or what but I do not have the injector programming option.

Google points me to a bunch of dead links searching for an updated software version. I'm about to give up for the day.

K_Troopa

Lurker
Jul 11, 2018
Ride
2008 535xi
I was not able to code my injectors because I foolishly did a driver update/registry cleanse on my laptop back in November, and now it won't talk to my car. Set up on another computer and now that is sorted.

Car runs noticeably better with the new injector. I did some wot logs and the fuel pressures don't fall into any danger zones so I guess that concern was unfounded.

I did get a pre-cat sensor code on one pull, so good call on needing to replace that. Next I'll be replacing those sensors and might as well do the pipes while I'm there, plus I still need to do the vac lines.

Medium term I guess I'll turn to trying to solve the intake oil issue which is maybe probably coming from the PCV system. Also at some point new mounts as well.

Thank you everyone who provided input and advice.

Reactions: fmorelli and Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Corteco is the OE for BMW for the mounts. FCP Euro lifetime warranty and they are not too ridiculously expensive.

Filippo