***Group Buy*** MFactory SMFW and Twin Disk

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
For those ordering our Twin Discs, please note the following:

6-Puck "Race" - Solid Hub. In Stock
6-Puck "Street" - Sprung Hub. On back-order for 2-3 months as we've run out of stock of the discs, so this is unavailable
3-Puck "Street" - Sprung Hub. This can be used as an alternative. Although it is 3-Puck, what matters isn't how many "Pucks", but the total surface area, which is very similar to our 6-Puck discs, so engages very similarly to our 6-Puck Sprung Discs. This is In Stock, but we need to make you aware of this before ordering

Thanks for posting that up as I was just typing that up :)

Just to add to the above the 3-puck has the same holding power and rating 800+ TQ but is just the newer product MFactory is releasing.

Can this be moved to the first post?

Mike

Last edited:

Jer_e92

Dec 6, 2016
only difference between sprung and solid hub is a little less chatter? dont wanna have to wait 2-3 months for the sprung hub/6puck

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
only difference between sprung and solid hub is a little less chatter? dont wanna have to wait 2-3 months for the sprung hub/6puck

Most of the twin disc clutch kits are purchased with solid hub. If you want sprung I would go with he new 3-puck. Same holding power as 6-puck version.

Mike

TurboMike

Corporal
Nov 22, 2016
PA
For those ordering our Twin Discs, please note the following:

6-Puck "Race" - Solid Hub. In Stock
6-Puck "Street" - Sprung Hub. On back-order for 2-3 months as we've run out of stock of the discs, so this is unavailable
3-Puck "Street" - Sprung Hub. This can be used as an alternative. Although it is 3-Puck, what matters isn't how many "Pucks", but the total surface area, which is very similar to our 6-Puck discs, so engages very similarly to our 6-Puck Sprung Discs. This is In Stock, but we need to make you aware of this before ordering
Given that someone would be willing to wait can they still order the sprung hub with the knowledge that it's on back order until possible febuary/ march time frame? Or will orders not be taken at all for the sprung version?

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Given that someone would be willing to wait can they still order the sprung hub with the knowledge that it's on back order until possible febuary/ march time frame? Or will orders not be taken at all for the sprung version?

You can wait. MFactory was just providing an alternative to those who are set on Sprung and want it now. They both perform the same but if you want the 6-puck then we can get the order in and it will just ship when ready. No issues with that :)

Mike

Reactions: TurboMike

breakmywallet

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
CT
maybe someone mentioned this maybe i could probly dig deeper and figure it out but ill ask anyway

what is the target market fro the SMFW compared to the twin disk?

im assuming the SMFW would be appropriate fro someone with FBO maybe stage 1/2 turbo kit? twin disk is for someone with one of the higher horsepower applications with a single turbo?

TurboMike

Corporal
Nov 22, 2016
PA
maybe someone mentioned this maybe i could probly dig deeper and figure it out but ill ask anyway

what is the target market fro the SMFW compared to the twin disk?

im assuming the SMFW would be appropriate fro someone with FBO maybe stage 1/2 turbo kit? twin disk is for someone with one of the higher horsepower applications with a single turbo?
I would say unless your going single turbo you'll be fine with the flywheel. This is all personal opinion but I think above 600tq you should go with the twin disk. Especially at this price point. But it's personal opinion. A lot of people have chose to stick with the flywheel and a stage 3 clutch combo and it works great. The flywheel is a great upgrade for all power levels but unneeded if you chose the twin disk.

Xyruss

Lurker
Dec 7, 2016
I haven't been able to find this through my searching, I am wondering what the estimated life expectancy is of the twin disk clutch? I understand this can be variable based on the power the engine is delivering, as well as driver behaviour. do you have a worst case lifetime?

TurboMike

Corporal
Nov 22, 2016
PA
I haven't been able to find this through my searching, I am wondering what the estimated life expectancy is of the twin disk clutch? I understand this can be variable based on the power the engine is delivering, as well as driver behaviour. do you have a worst case lifetime?

This is something n54tuning or mfactory will have to answer.

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada

I haven't seen any wear out to date so I can't really answer that. I will have to see if MFactory has any data, but I would expect similar longevity to a SPEC 4/5 clutch kit

Mike

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Longevity would be similar to most other clutches.

This is an impossible question to answer, as some people can make an oem clutch last 15+ years, and some will blow through a 3+ clutch in 1 day.

• Agree
Reactions: Xyruss