***Group Buy*** MFactory SMFW and Twin Disk

TheAllOriginal

Private
Dec 15, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Put me on the list for the twin disc. Also whats the main differences with the 3-puck and 6-puck, and pros/cons ? I'm set on the sprung options. Just deciding on what I need since my clutch is now toast and slipping real bad haha. haven't used a twin clutch yet but this seems like a better option than a stage 3.

Reactions: doublespaces

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Generally speaking, a 3-puck would be more aggressive due to a higher clamping force on the pucks, however, surface area also needs to be considered. With our new 3-puck discs, the surface area is actually nearly the same as the 6-pucks, so engagement/slip is very similar.

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Put me on the list for the twin disc. Also whats the main differences with the 3-puck and 6-puck, and pros/cons ? I'm set on the sprung options. Just deciding on what I need since my clutch is now toast and slipping real bad haha. haven't used a twin clutch yet but this seems like a better option than a stage 3.

Will get you on the list.. You can make payment when ready as well.

Mike

TheAllOriginal

Private
Dec 15, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Generally speaking, a 3-puck would be more aggressive due to a higher clamping force on the pucks, however, surface area also needs to be considered. With our new 3-puck discs, the surface area is actually nearly the same as the 6-pucks, so engagement/slip is very similar.
Yeah, i'm familiar with that dealt with 6-puck and 4-puck single clutches, 4 was a bit more agressive and the way clampped down. Was told 3 puck was even worse lol. But I was just wondering since I never dealt with a twin setup and was curious how it compared to a single. Also curious on the way it looked because I seen the 6-puck version of your twin-disc and It seemed really close to a full face and wondered about that and if the 3-puck was similar. You have any pics on them on hand ?

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
I'll need to dig up an image when I get back to the office next week; currently overseas on a business trip

Our 6-puck is close to full-face in terms of circumference, but the depth isn't all that much. With the 3-puck, although the circumference is less, there is a lot more depth, so actual surface area is very similar.

Jer_e92

Dec 6, 2016
Will we be notified when the clutches start shipping out individually or when everyone pays?

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Just so you guys know, whilst we normally deliver our parts within a few days via UPS (normally 1-2 days), shipments may be delayed slightly due to the holiday period.

Reactions: breakmywallet

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Orders submitted in with MFactory for those who paid. There are a few who still haven't so can you get your orders in as soon as possible please as we are short of the 10 in terms of paid guys.

Mike

n54tuning.com

Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
3puck.JPG

Here is a pic of the 3 puck version as requested by someone..

Mike