Has anyone heard from Motiv?

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Ordered a flex fuel sensor for my car 3/28, got a shipping label 3/30. To this date there is still no movement on the label. Tried contacting Motiv, didn't hear anything back. Is JPworkz running their company now? I don't know what it is about the N54 community but the vendors are all such trash except for a few big names like BMS.

I feel like this is pretty basic shit: advertise product in stock (at the time, now I see they are out of stock), someone buys product and pays, you ship it. I guess I'm not in a hurry because I have learned to have basically no expectations when it comes to receiving a product (or it actually working) when it comes to this platform, lol.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I don't think Motiv is active on the forums. I agree with you 100%. I think half of these businesses are run on the side. Jake is fairly active on the FB groups. I would try to contact him there.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
I don't think Motiv is active on the forums. I agree with you 100%. I think half of these businesses are run on the side. Jake is fairly active on the FB groups. I would try to contact him there.

I don't have/use FB. If they can't respond to me using their own company email then I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm not going to ever adopt social media as a platform to communicate with a company.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I don't have/use FB. If they can't respond to me using their own company email then I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm not going to ever adopt social media as a platform to communicate with a company.
Once again I agree with you 100%. Not sure what email you are using, but you can try [email protected]

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Is JPworkz back in production? Saw some decent prices on his kits.

It's a joke because he takes your money, prints a shipping label and then you either never get the product or some parts show up after 6 months to a year.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Just wanted to post an update because people never update these types of threads. I finally got in contact with someone at Motiv. Apparently some of their units failed QC so while they were in stock they just weren't fully operational. They were very nice to either offer me a refund on the full product or shipping.

I wish I didn't have to make this post before getting a response but at least in the end they did get in contact with me, which is more than I can say for a lot of vendors.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
If you used PayPal, usually a phone numbers on the confirmation email of the business. It works. I had to cancel mine, and spoke directly to him.

bantam

Corporal
Nov 20, 2017
Ride
2009 335i
Thanks for the response, I was wondering why mine had not shipped yet

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Just wanted to post an update because people never update these types of threads. I finally got in contact with someone at Motiv. Apparently some of their units failed QC so while they were in stock they just weren't fully operational. They were very nice to either offer me a refund on the full product or shipping.

I wish I didn't have to make this post before getting a response but at least in the end they did get in contact with me, which is more than I can say for a lot of vendors.

Ahh...that explains a lot. My Flex Fuel box suddenly went dead after only a few months. I emailed Chris and the sales team already with all my diagnostics. That was two days ago, no response yet. I will give them a week and then try to call...meanwhile my car cannot be driven safely as the moment you touch the pedal, it stumbles...the sensor is stuck on 100% at 4.06 volts. If I unhook the ethanol sensor, it still stays at those values so it must be the FF module itself.

I hope to hear from them soon concerning any warranty protocols. Does anyone know where I can find that info? I cannot find it on the website anywhere. Only disclaimer page. I also contacted J.yamona here and he's trying to figure it out. Hopefully we solve the problem in good time. J.yamona has been a champ when it comes to helping folks with issues on FF.

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Is the FF box inside the DME box? I can see how it could break outside the box, in the hot zone.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Pretty safe that you don't need worry about fine print if they know they have defective units they will swap your not gonna get a m twin m turbo p vendor response
Read between the words

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Is the FF box inside the DME box? I can see how it could break outside the box, in the hot zone.

It is placed inside the ECU box. In any case, I did full testing and inspection of wires and found all to be in order except for the FF Module itself. Tested voltage with ethanol sensor plugged in and unplugged and it showed 4.x volts no matter what...so it is the FF Module itself.

In any case, Motiv has already done good and processed a warranty return.

Sometimes these things happen. Especially new products.

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
It's electronics so some can be a dud. Some of us are lucky in this regard. Glad they helped you out.