Help distinguishing which orange wire is which on DME

alvinhobh

Private
Mar 8, 2018
Columbia, Maryland
Ride
2007 335i e92 6MT
Trying to figure out which orange wire is which here. Car no longer has the green connector and I want to know which wire would go go slot 8 on the green connector.

Wire circled in red splits into multiple smaller wires, the one circled in green doesn’t

Attachments

• B258E458-4817-4656-AE38-E9821D33512C.jpeg
    B258E458-4817-4656-AE38-E9821D33512C.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 61

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Why don't you just look? Sorry to be so blunt, but follow the wire to the connector. The connector is likely numbered. Nobody is going to know what they are looking at here with much certainty and trying to describe the orange wire above the other orange wire but below the OTHER orange wire is not exactly a situation bound to find success.

You have not explained what you are trying to accomplish, there is no context. If you are unable to perform a continuity test or trace the wire, please provide some more information.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
One of the goes to the maroon connector, the other goes to the DME. You want more, you’ll have to trace it yourself.
B82AC9AC-3490-4B47-8153-EF06EDA52C09.jpeg

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Not sure if this helps but the one that splits into many of them .. each one of them power 1 coilpack.

alvinhobh

Private
Mar 8, 2018
Columbia, Maryland
Ride
2007 335i e92 6MT
Yes, I guess I was not clear. The car no longer has the green connector that houses the two circled orange wires on my original picture, so I can't follow the wire to the connector.

What I am trying to figure out is which of the orange wires I should be using to power my PI, Flex fuel, and 2nd LPFP relay. From what I understand, I should be tapping into the orange wire that originally would go into slot #2 on the green connector.

I need help figuring out which orange wire would go to slot #2 on the green connector. If someone can follow the wire coming out of slot#2 on the green connector and see if that wire gets split into multiple wires ( circled in blue ), or goes straight to towards the valve cover as a single wire.

Car is a 2007 335i e92.

Thank you,
Alvaro

Why don't you just look? Sorry to be so blunt, but follow the wire to the connector. The connector is likely numbered. Nobody is going to know what they are looking at here with much certainty and trying to describe the orange wire above the other orange wire but below the OTHER orange wire is not exactly a situation bound to find success.

You have not explained what you are trying to accomplish, there is no context. If you are unable to perform a continuity test or trace the wire, please provide some more information.

Attachments

• Wiring.JPG
    Wiring.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: doublespaces

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Yes, I guess I was not clear. The car no longer has the green connector that houses the two circled orange wires on my original picture, so I can't follow the wire to the connector.

What I am trying to figure out is which of the orange wires I should be using to power my PI, Flex fuel, and 2nd LPFP relay. From what I understand, I should be tapping into the orange wire that originally would go into slot #2 on the green connector.

I need help figuring out which orange wire would go to slot #2 on the green connector. If someone can follow the wire coming out of slot#2 on the green connector and see if that wire gets split into multiple wires ( circled in blue ), or goes straight to towards the valve cover as a single wire.

Car is a 2007 335i e92.

Thank you,
Alvaro
Probably easier to trace back to the maroon/brown connector or dme like I mentioned above. My car is an 07 e92 as well. So, I can check tonight when I get home.

Reactions: alvinhobh

alvinhobh

Private
Mar 8, 2018
Columbia, Maryland
Ride
2007 335i e92 6MT
Probably easier to trace back to the maroon/brown connector or dme like I mentioned above. My car is an 07 e92 as well. So, I can check tonight when I get home.

Thank you. Looking at connectors you mention would verify one end of the wire, if you can still check the other end that would be great, just in case the connections were swapped since they removed the connectors, who know what could have been mixed up here.