Help me reach 600whp on upgraded twins without E85.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
this isn't entirely true. Boost pressure as well as timing need octane equally. Both increase cylinder pressures and create heat to an extent, both of which require octane to keep pre-ignition and detonation away.

That's understandable, but wouldnit be safer "generally speaking" to run more boost with a conservative amount of timing, rather than lower boost and higher timing? I would think the inconsistency in fuel quality would have things skew to the lower timing being 'better'. Granted, if running ethanol, this discussion changes dramatically.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Great to see you active @Twisted Tuning

always bud. Just sometimes don't have the time to check all the media platforms and deal with the day to day.

That's understandable, but wouldnit be safer "generally speaking" to run more boost with a conservative amount of timing, rather than lower boost and higher timing? I would think the inconsistency in fuel quality would have things skew to the lower timing being 'better'. Granted, if running ethanol, this discussion changes dramatically.

neither is really safer than the other. Too little timing can cause issues as well. So compound that with high boost. and its no safer than low boost with high timing. both can create great amounts of heat and an environment for detonation or pre-ignition.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Well you guys win. I contacted the shop and made the switch to docrace 6266 ball bearing. So what am I looking at now ? do I still spray a lot of meth ?

• Love
Reactions: Abacus38 and Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Well you guys win. I contacted the shop and made the switch to docrace 6266 ball bearing. So what am I looking at now ? do I still spray a lot of meth ?

A 6466 should make about 600whp on 93 iirc. A 6266 a bit less...really will depend on your tune...I would run some cp meth and tune it on 93 and see what you end up with. My guess is north of 600whp depending on how much meth you run and how aggressive the tune is. If you want to hit 700whp you have to go direct port.

Have fun!

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
A 6466 should make about 600whp on 93 iirc. A 6266 a bit less...really will depend on your tune...I would run some cp meth and tune it on 93 and see what you end up with. My guess is north of 600whp depending on how much meth you run and how aggressive the tune is. If you want to hit 700whp you have to go direct port.

Have fun!

Thanks! I was hoping to have a few different maps for different power level... I guess JB4+backend will do that for me. Basically 400,500,600 whp maps + race gas map.