Help with code issue

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
Over the weekend I installed a new valve cover and did the RB external PCV system. After it was all completed I started the car up. It went into limp mode and was running rough. I instantly turned it off and ran for codes. I was getting a injector code for cylinder 2. I went and checked and noticed I forgot to plug that injector in. I plugged it in, reset codes, and then started back up and it seemed to idle fine.

After a few other issues, I had everything sorted and car was running fine. I left it to sit overnight with no codes and ran into a problem this morning. I started it up and the same injector 2 code was in the "Shadow" codes section of MHD and the car was not idling right. I tried to clear codes multiple times but it is not going away and car is running poorly. Not sure where I should look first.

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
2E19 DME Firing, Cylinder 2

I just got home for lunch. I took it apart and had a look at cylinder 2. It looks like the connector for the coil was not pushed in all the way. These Delphi coils give me issues when trying to push the connector in. I got it pushed in all the way, started up, removed code and it didn't come back. So for future I am gonna have to keep an eye on how far those go in. And for those who come across same issue maybe this will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bmwfixerguy1