High boost 29DC-Cylinder Injection Cut-off

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Hey guys, does anyone know the true cause of the 29DC code? I know its fuel related and the code will kick in instantly if I do a 3rd gear pull starting at 3500rpm. Thing is, my logs show decent fueling with 55+ psi low pressure and 15+ MPa/JB4 (2100+ psi) of high pressure.

I would upload a log but funny thing is that the JB4 times out and freezes the log right when it happens and doesn't have the sampling speed to catch why the dme triggered the code.

I'm targeting 26psi at 4k rpm tapering up to 30 psi at 5k. 3rd gear pull starting at 3500rpm will cut off right around 4700rpm @100% throttle.

Attached is my current fuel pressure targets. Is it even possible that i'm achieving too much high pressure fuel?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    260 KB · Views: 128

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
What is your "max fuel pressure deviation to allow adaptation"?

I haven't played yet. But my guess would be that the target and the actual are way off and the DME is stepping in and shutting things down; it's thinking there is a serious error.
Having alot of pressure isn't good if nothing is telling it that the pressure is acceptable.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
What is your "max fuel pressure deviation to allow adaptation"?

I haven't played yet. But my guess would be that the target and the actual are way off and the DME is stepping in and shutting things down; it's thinking there is a serious error.
Having alot of pressure isn't good if nothing is telling it that the pressure is acceptable.

Do you have a specific abbreviation for that map? I don't have that map defined in my XDF but with an abbreviation or hex address I can find it pretty easily.

The only one I found so far is "Maximum deviation of the fuel pressure after fuel pump from the setpoint for adaptation (c_fup_efp_dif_max_efppwm_ad)" and that is stock at 1000 hPa which converts to 14.51 PSI. Seems like its for the lpfp.

I already increased ip_fup_sp_hom (big table on my attached photo) to more closely match my actual fuel pressures and it still happens. However I do notice that my hpfp pressures jump rather drastically for example: 15/16 MPa down to 8 MPa and then back up. Too bad JB4 doesn't have any vcv target in the logs.

I'll look around some more though

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Do you have a specific abbreviation for that map? I don't have that map defined in my XDF but with an abbreviation or hex address I can find it pretty easily.

The only one I found so far is "Maximum deviation of the fuel pressure after fuel pump from the setpoint for adaptation (c_fup_efp_dif_max_efppwm_ad)" and that is stock at 1000 hPa which converts to 14.51 PSI. Seems like its for the lpfp.

I already increased ip_fup_sp_hom (big table on my attached photo) to more closely match my actual fuel pressures and it still happens. However I do notice that my hpfp pressures jump rather drastically for example: 15/16 MPa down to 8 MPa and then back up. Too bad JB4 doesn't have any vcv target in the logs.

I'll look around some more though

This is what the info says,
c_fup_dif_cur_vcv_ad
hex of 0x4BC48

Claims that info is on page 3959 (MSD80 I assume).
I'd uploaded the Funktionsdokumentation --> https://www.bummerboost.com/g2.php?do=download&file=170

search is saying you'd want to start from page 5044 of the msd80 docu for the vcv stuff.

Last edited:

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
You're a great guy for buying the document and releasing it btw. Guy who gave it to me previously requested that I not leak it haha.

Mine currently is the stock value of 40,002.07 hPa which converts to 580 PSI. I'll try raising the value a little higher but IMO it must be the control loop of the VCV as my pressures wildly jump.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have a Spool Helix installed and have already added the generic VCV mappings in my tune already. SpoolPerformance did say that they would help with providing the calibration for it, but in all honesty the document they gave is super vague and is really no help.

P.S. I already tried my spare HPFP and same thing.
Screenshot (5).png