Technical HKS BOV Popped off chargepipe

Monday

Jul 11, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 335i FBO
I’m running FBO and stage 2+ MHD, today during a WOT pull my HKS popped off the chargepipe.

I have the HKS flange for the VRSF chargepipe, but I purchased the HKS separately, not from VRSF.

Because of this, I think I got the wrong size O-ring which caused the issue. Does anyone know what dimensions the correct o-ring is or where i can purchase a single o-ring for this?

The car builds 0 boost obviously, I’m wondering if this is dangerous for the engine. The chargepipe now has a gaping hole lol.

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
Does your HKS mount to the chargepipe with a C-Clip? If so, the oring and C clip set is 20 bucks on amazon. As long as you stay off the throttle, its not a big deal to drive the car with a massive boost leak while you wait for parts.

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
Likely the C-clip had an issue. You need to make sure its installed with the chamfered edge facing up and sits in the groove - completely.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
The VRSF pipe has a specific size o ring, you wouldnt think it makes a difference but it does.

Had this same issue on a friends car and using the VRSF ring instead of HKS fixed it.

Monday

Jul 11, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 335i FBO
Does your HKS mount to the chargepipe with a C-Clip? If so, the oring and C clip set is 20 bucks on amazon. As long as you stay off the throttle, its not a big deal to drive the car with a massive boost leak while you wait for parts.
Yes, it does use a c-clip.

Can you link me the amazon set? I had looked but couldn’t find a vrsf specific one.

Monday

Jul 11, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 335i FBO
The VRSF pipe has a specific size o ring, you wouldnt think it makes a difference but it does.

Had this same issue on a friends car and using the VRSF ring instead of HKS fixed it.
Did you just order the o ring from their website? I can only find the throttle body o ring, not the BOV Flange one. Thanks

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
it came with the chargepipe kit, we used the hks first and then swapped it

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
I put the whole setup in a bench vise and then installed the c-clip to get it to compress the o-ring enough. I used the HKS o-ring. you should not be able to easily rotate the BOV after the c-clip is installed completely seated