Hot side charge pipe search

JayG335

Private
Apr 6, 2018
Ride
2007 335i FBO VVT stage2
Hello all,
Earlier this week my lovely 30k mile OEM turbos blew their oil seals. I have since purchased VVT stage 2+ and await their arrival. I currently have a mishimoto intercooler, which connects just like stock with the oem c clip. VVT does not currently offer any hot side charge pipes/ outlets that fit with the OEM intercooler connection. I was informed one will be released soon but this is a timely matter as it is my daily driver and I need it back ASAP. A quick google search comes up with PSP aluminum outlets but they are not released yet either. Does anyone know of any hotside pipes that will work, does anyone offer an adapter?
Thank you all for your advise.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I can't imagine anyone will offer a solution to fit the stock style IC fittings. It is rare on upgraded N54 ICs.

My advice would be sell you IC and buy a non stock style connection IC. Plenty of them on the market. You might want a better IC anyways with upgraded twins.

You might be able to hack together an adapter but I can't imagine it would be worth it...or as reliable as you would like. Every added connection point is another point of failure/boost leak.

If you really want to keep the IC you have one idea would be to cut off the stock style connector and weld on a small piece of pipe to connect to the hotside outlet pipes on the market. If you can't do this yourself the price a shop will charge probably will not make this worth it, even though it is all of 20 minutes of work tops. This is still a bit mickey mousey but it would work.

Best of luck. Let us know what route you end up going.

Reactions: Davidwarren

BQTuning

Corporal
Jul 18, 2017
www.bqtuning.com
Ride
E89 Z4 35i 6MT M Sport
I think RBTurbo make an adapter

attachment.jpg

Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Yes sir. We made pretty much every Intercooler adapter we could think of a couple years ago...

Left to Right:
1) OEM Circlip to 2.5"
2) 2.5" to 2.5"
3) 2.5" to 2.75"
4) 2.5" to 3.0"

All CNC'd in-house from T6061 and anodized black. As they are not on our website you'd need to email [email protected] if interested.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• IntercoolerAdapters.JPG
    IntercoolerAdapters.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 115

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Yes sir. We made pretty much every Intercooler adapter we could think of a couple years ago...

Left to Right:
1) OEM Circlip to 2.5"
2) 2.5" to 2.5"
3) 2.5" to 2.75"
4) 2.5" to 3.0"

All CNC'd in-house from T6061 and anodized black. As they are not on our website you'd need to email [email protected] if interested.

Thanks,
Rob

You need to update your website man!

JayG335

Private
Apr 6, 2018
Ride
2007 335i FBO VVT stage2
Thank you all very much for your replies, Rob I have sent you an email about purchasing. I look forward to doing business with you.

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
It's so far out of date it is almost hopeless, lol, best bet is to just always email!

Rob
I couldn't even imagine the revenue lost due to your outdated website. I think the sales would way out weigh the cost of a full time I.T. guy!

• Agree
Reactions: E92 420