Technical Hydra Performance 135 Leichtbau State of the Art Thread

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
They should been pretty new but if anyone could post a link from fcp for them would be great im on road driving but my office is 2 exits from them so I'll order now and pick up from them.

zaxos_e92

Nov 29, 2018
Ride
‘07 e92 335i
Does anyone know if vrsf outlets will fit, my vtt outlets were trimmed for my stock turbos and my pr inlets were collapsing from heat so I ordered vrsf inlets and silicone outlets cause they were the only one that I was able to get overnighted but I know these have 2 inch od snout so I'm confused cause all the metal options have choice for mmp 2 inch and the silicone say fit all so I went silicone for now just to get car together and will buy aluminum later when I have time to research and can afford the wait for them

I was able to reuse my 1.75" mmp inlets after some trimming and 2.25"ID to 2"ID reducers. Not ideal but definitely functional.
https://www.amazon.com/Ronteix-Univ..."+to+2.25"&qid=1553818663&s=automotive&sr=1-3

Not sure if VRSF Outlets are the same dimensions of MMP. MMP is definitely a tight fit but it works.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Zaxos - did you 'tweak' or mod your motor mounts? It looks like there is some filler (poly?) around the edges.

zaxos_e92

Nov 29, 2018
Ride
‘07 e92 335i
Zaxos - did you 'tweak' or mod your motor mounts? It looks like there is some filler (poly?) around the edges.
Motor mounts are 034's and they came apart upon removal of the subframe. Tried putting it back together with some high temp silicone. Silly idea as it didn't hold for long. Going to try 3m Windo-Weld next, which I will also use to fill the mounts from the top position.

As a side-note, my driver side 034 mount is holding up great. I think the proximity to the downpipes caused the passenger side mount to fail.

-Andreas

Reactions: langsbr

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Figures I wasted money paid for overnight shipping and vrsf sent me inlets with no outlets this is insane. They even emailed me that the gaurantee their outlets will fit the 2 inch snout on the 650s. I feel like I shouldnt be paying 150 dollars to have stuff overnighted twice on top of the fact that this is going to hold me up 3 days with car apart.

• Sad
Reactions: KevinC39

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Motor mounts are 034's and they came apart upon removal of the subframe. Tried putting it back together with some high temp silicone. Silly idea as it didn't hold for long. Going to try 3m Windo-Weld next, which I will also use to fill the mounts from the top position.

As a side-note, my driver side 034 mount is holding up great. I think the proximity to the downpipes caused the passenger side mount to fail.

-Andreas

034 motor mounts failing? Say it isn't so! POS.

Reactions: KevinC39

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
034 motor mounts failing? Say it isn't so! POS.

FWIW, mine have been holding up fine. I was worried they might fall apart like others, but maybe I just got lucky with a good batch?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I really am curious how many 034 mounts were actually sold and failed I have been checking mine periodically and they still are good. Also I hate how vrsf has a phone number and when you call they simply state they dont offer phone support and to email. How someone can offer overnight shipping with two tiers one high priority and then have no fast way to contact really sucks.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I really am curious how many 034 mounts were actually sold and failed I have been checking mine periodically and they still are good. Also I hate how vrsf has a phone number and when you call they simply state they dont offer phone support and to email. How someone can offer overnight shipping with two tiers one high priority and then have no fast way to contact really sucks.

Id reach out to them on FB. Tiago is really responsive and I think they have Messenger chat.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
FWIW, mine have been holding up fine. I was worried they might fall apart like others, but maybe I just got lucky with a good batch?

Yeah some people seem to have gotten lucky, others fail. Mine are still free if anyone wants them, one is good, one is junky. Buyer pays shipping.

I would just buy OEM or window weld the used stockers if I wanted OEM or a bit stiffer.
Aftermarket, my Revshift seem to be great so far and actually fits with single turbo top mounts, no need to use washers to space off the motor mount.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Such bs I just ordered another set paying 94 extra for shipping cause i still have no response from tiago. All non v band turbos are 2 inch correct , on our platform I mean. I just want to make sure cause i emailed and asked before order was placed " this was answered immediately btw before I paid" i tried PSP as well but they don't have option for faster shipping. Hydra started 1.75 is ideal for his turbos so vrsf seems closest with 2 inch od. If hydra has his outlets in stock I recommend to purchase to not deal with this. I wanted a set but he didn't have any available in time.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
You're talking about outlets only right? PSP makes 2" outlets, VTT makes smaller ones - not sure on the size specifically. I "THINK" VTT has a set that fits MMP 2" outlet with silicone hose adapters - but @Chris@VargasTurboTech would need to chime in.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Ya vtt makes 1.5 inch and then have add on adapters I'd rather least connections and they dont have option to overnight this is last min cause my vtt silicone is trimmed from my stock turbos and doesnt fit. PSP is great but not available overnighted either the vrsf are perfect cause 2 inch od so they should be around 1.88 Id. I finally recieved a response attached to the shipping email of my second order which normally is great response time compared to most honestly. The only reason I had issue is when you pay 94 dollars for priority service you should not wait 5 hrs during business hours for a response and only receive it after forking over an additional 300 dollars to get the vendors attention.
For stock turbos I'd go vtt all the way even gc but for mmp or other 2 inch I would say vrsf or PSP without a doubt.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry -not sure on fitment with MMP. If you can make a stock charge pipe fit with MMP then the VTT charge pipe for GC turbos should fit, but again, I'm not familiar with their setup (and obviously haven't tested it...).

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
HP650 ID is roughly 1.53" ID and 2.06" OD. @barry@3DM and I are supposed to start working on the stainless outlet setup next week. These are an E90 rear turbo orientation. Still a few supplies to get, but I can report the stainless bead tool works well from photos Barry has sent me.

Filippo

HP650 int id.jpg HP650 ext id.jpg

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Sorry -not sure on fitment with MMP. If you can make a stock charge pipe fit with MMP then the VTT charge pipe for GC turbos should fit, but again, I'm not familiar with their setup (and obviously haven't tested it...).
Without a 1.75 inch to 2 inch adapter and possibly 135 degree elbow for front connection the silicone wouldnt work the hard pipe version prob has better shot but I didnt see any compatibility with mmp stage 3 anywhere so I didnt take chance that's the only reason i said what I did. N54 has enough issues even when you stick to what is supposed to work