In case anyone was wondering. VTT X SS

Discussion in 'N54' started by [email protected], Aug 11, 2017.

Trader History (0)
  1. fredcase

fredcase New Member

07 e90 335xi
    Chris cleared things up. Thanks again Chris.

2. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Hey Fred,

I used to be a member of e90post. My last post there was telling Jason to do a lot of things I normally wouldn't say publicly. They deleted pretty much everything that didn't resound with a particular tone and that moderation impacted mostly the end users, us the members. This wouldn't have been such a big issue, however there was NEVER an administrator of the board available for explanation, nobody to question. I joined the board in 2009 so I have seen most of the events of this platform, and feel that I have a decent sample size to differentiate a good and bad forum experience. I think you'll find that overall there are less forum warriors out to be dick heads on this board, and more people genuinely interested in sharing information and helping each other out.

I am here and am open to discussion and will happily put forward my points and reasons for doing things. I do this because I think the path I am choosing is indeed fair and if it isn't, then I'm willing to modify my trajectory.

The only things anyone has seen deleted here, besides spam, are unnecessary comments from one vendor to another. Some things can be stated in more modest terms and some things are simply unnecessary. I am trying to deliver an enjoyable product without all of the drama and the vendors know this. If they have drama, they should call each other on the phone and handle their mess there, not making it a shit show and a spectacle over the forum. They usually don't do this, that is how you know its all for show, hence the reason the borderline slanderous back and forth is not permitted here.

Its much like anything, a certain degree of regulation is beneficial, I'm just trying to find that happy middle ground. I'm learning along the way as well.

Hope that helps you understand my intentions.

PS: Don't bring up censorship here in the same sentence as BB, I was a top 10 reputation on bummerboost before he neg repped me from over 3000 to -1000 because I disagreed with him. He spewed lies about being the bringer of the PC flash, he didn't do squat, I would know. Go back to his announcement thread and you'll see my name in the credits and I can tell you he did jack diddly.

3. Tony@VargasTurboTech

[email protected] Sergeant Vendor

Its crazy how many people Joe has fooled, and how many of his vendors he slanders, and talks down to when they are paying him money. When we first came on the scene, he supported us, and bashed RB who had long been on BB. Then he went back, and forth on that.

There came a point where I just flat out hated Joe. Chris suggested we stay just to have a presence there. I reluctantly agreed.

This time Joe actually posted a slanderous post himself saying he was doing it for competing vendor. The hypocrisy in that is literally insane. The person you are paying for advertising, is attacking you? Chris emailed him, and never asked for the thread to be deleted, just cleaned up, it was out of hand. If it was not, we would consider not renewing.

At this point, I told Chris I was done. He agreed, the place is run like a gossip site, not an automotive forum. Yes possibly I fed into it, as I have a short fuse, and speak my mind.

I'm not going to lie, it was a tough choice to leave, not because I did not want to. I have wanted to for a long time, but its well known Joe holds vendors hostage there. How? Because you know full well once you leave, he will go out of his way to down you as a company to anyone who will listen. This includes making things up, colluding with competing vendors to post damaging things, which are usually exaggerated or overblown. (XHP, Propulsive Dynamics, both come to mind)Which is exactly what is happening right now. Chris, and I understood this, and expected it. We know not having a voice there is not ideal as far as just answering questions, etc, but the time had come to go. The place is toxic, we are happy to finally be free of it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. TEC

TEC Private

335i
    Have you given Jyamona your VIN number yet after you bashed his developments on the N54 DME?
    Have you given up on the class action suit against [email protected]? Or how about simply stopped bashing Doug at Frankenturbo over his Chinese cast turbos when you are now hyping your own "game changing" Chinese cast turbos? I could go on but I think those with their eyes open get the picture. You can run from site to site but honestly I find you to be the biggest hypocrite ever. You talk about Sticky and how horrible he manages his site when you are probably the biggest reason many, including myself, refuse to buy anything with VTT on it. I have come close to buying items from you at least three times before reading something that reminds me who I would be supporting. You are absolutely toxic to your own cause. You should have continued to let Chris speak for the company and never returned to the forums, had you done that you probably wouldnt have had to run from BB.

5. Did Chris write this post for you? Very well said.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. When he slows down and isn't doing 14 things at once he's a pretty good writer. There have been several times he's texted me that he's written something and I'm like "ok... better go check this out" and it ends up being just... good. I'm not emotionally prepared to deal with an articulate Tony Vargas. :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Torgus

Torgus Private

Lol you ban people from speaking their opinion based on your own actions? Forums are for discussion, good or bad. By banning people you littrally against what forums are for. Look in into human history as to why people remove free speech. It is never for a good reason. Like BB or not at least you will not be censored. You have made more drama than any other vendor on any other platform that I have ever encountered. You constantly attack the competition. 1st rule I learned in sales is NEVER EVER attack a competitors product. It makes you look weak and on the defensive as well as just petty.

Why don't I make a list of every underhanded and sketchy thing you have done in the past and you go reply and explain your actions? Seriously.

You call me a hater, I've been around long enough to see who you and VTT as company really are. If you have nothing to hide then I assume you will happily, or Chris, respond.

Let me know if you are open to a fair discussion of your past trangessions or you know, just ban me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Tony@VargasTurboTech

Nobody writes anything for me..:) most of the time, I'm just in a hurry

9. Tony@VargasTurboTech

Hey Chris, its working. Look what the cat dragged in...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

10. :tearsofjoy:

Jonathan, it's just more of the same. I've offered many times in the past to discuss any real issues you have and even do a phone call, but I think we all know you have your own agenda. Invite is always open, shoot me an email and I'm happy to talk with you. Otherwise... you are one of my top 3 fav haters. Keep up the good work and for the love of God, please show up to a race or something. Enjoy your weekend sir.

Edit; ALL of Tony's past transgressions? Did you get unemployed or something? It would take teams of highly efficient scientists years to just categorize his transgressions.

untitled.png

Chris

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. The Convert

The Convert Corporal

Why people like you bother to tell Tony how he "should" run his business is beyond me. I learned long ago on a far shittier forum that it's not worth it and solves nothing. Just don't read his or VTT threads, or just don't comment on them. If all you're going to end up doing is fighting with him anyway, what's the point?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    I always liked you, but that was the most ignorant thing I've heard all day. No credibility unless you retract that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. colo_evo

colo_evo Lurker

E90 335i MT
    This.

I've had several posts both edited and deleted on bb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Abacus38

Abacus38 Corporal

Tampa/Orlando, FL
    2007 Ti Ag 335i
    #VTTLivesMatter

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. V8bait

V8bait Corporal

bummerboost was better than e90 that's for damn sure. Bickering was kinda annoying at times but definitely had to back up statements there. I don't see why it would be different here, minus bickering that seems to get shut down faster instead of encouraged.

It's nice to freely rag on the S65 now too without fear of reprisal.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Lmao! Have you even been to BB? Ask Nelson racing about censoring

17. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    On BB, the "Community has spoken" and by that, he means he downvotes you 250 rep points over and over until you're unable to post, effectively banning you. You can't even see the names of the little shits that downvote you! The only person who has been banned from this site for something besides spam was trying to exploit an old glitch in the credit system, I even lifted that ban. Even Jerry has an account here. We ask that companies keep other companies out of their mouths, if you've got something to say, there is a section I've already created dedicated to disputes and such where there will likely be no restrictions like this. That should help keep threads on topic.

[​IMG]

18. The Convert

The Convert Corporal

Yeah, I had like 3000 rep when I finally had had enough and just kept fighting back when he would get belligerent until he finally banned me entirely, and blocking the IP address I used to visit the site. Lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. pysical

pysical Lurker

2009 335xi E90
    I think VTT has the best products for N54. Sure other companies sell turbos as well but VTT goes above and beyond to show how their products work. Also, Chris is super helpful and always replies to my emails super fast.

Also, I like how SS is where all the good discussions go on. Many build logs and people pushing the n54 a lot further than throwing on JB4.

20. VTT <3

You choose well! :)