Instead of coilovers

Irafi

Lurker
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
335i e90
What have people used as upgraded strut/spring setups and had good success? What about bushings that are stiffer for strut mounting points as well? Do not know what they are called.

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm running an H&R cup kit and love it. No adjustability, but it gives a good balance of firm and comfort for a daily driver. I'll eventually either upgrade the shocks to Koni's when these blow or upgrade to coilovers. I just got a deal too good to pass on the H&R kit, but so far super pleased. I need to upgrade my rear subframe and diff bushing though.

Reactions: doublespaces

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
What have people used as upgraded strut/spring setups and had good success? What about bushings that are stiffer for strut mounting points as well? Do not know what they are called.

Well, it was a pain in the butt, - but I did upgrade all my suspension bushings, control arms to M3 spec.
And upgraded shocks to Koni Sports.

Huge difference in handing and stability. No more boaty lane changes. Turning sharp corners - totally horizontal car now.

I did it myself and took 2 months to do because of trying to order all the different super expensive tools to change bushings.

VERY expensive parts.

Reactions: doublespaces