JPworkz bottom mount turbos

Bumbleb

Private
Nov 3, 2016
Florida
That was the plan. It honestly seemed like a good product that would work for me and he was so quick getting back to me that I thought there is no way he would let this fall through. I get that there was obviously a misunderstanding but I feel like I was clear and it's not like there is an option on the website for a down payment so you can't put it on me that I didn't put one down.

No worries be on the look out for my review on the kit I just put a down payment on this week.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
c92a58335a9c242d64ec466cfc9172ee_zpsniwwkwsu.jpg
ed81f864d2ec7a48649d54ef72b2bd56_zpshprm4axb.jpg

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
I love how everything is getting cheaper for this platform.. good looking manifold for those who don't mind a bottom mount.. not my style, though

edit: wallet says otherwise ;) ^

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
That manifold look a like shit. Maybe he'll actually be able to keep up with production on them though.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That manifold look a like shit. Maybe he'll actually be able to keep up with production on them though.

If you want a cheap ass kit, I'm sure it will do fine. I'm actually glad this is an option, if I was a college kid or high school student etc, its exactly what I'd need.

Arhoads335i

Private
Jul 14, 2017
Ride
335i
Yeah seriously I'm still paying off college loans this kit would have been nice! Though I already have pure stage 1s on the way

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
If you want a cheap ass kit, I'm sure it will do fine. I'm actually glad this is an option, if I was a college kid or high school student etc, its exactly what I'd need.

I wouldn't say this would be a "cheap ass kit" since cost wise it'll still wind up being a good bit over $2000 if you decide to go with any half decent parts like a BW or JB Precision turbo you're already $1500+ before a wastegate. Then comes the fab cost for placing a flange for an EWG then the cost of fabbing up a downpipe. Hell, even with the cheapest ebay vband turbo and a no name wastegate you'll be sitting around the $1200-1300 range. Tbh might be less of a hassle just getting the cheapest JP kit or a on3 but thats just my opinion. But if you're a DIY'er with some welding skills and patience then this would probably be worth it... maybe.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I wouldn't say this would be a "cheap ass kit" since cost wise it'll still wind up being a good bit over $2000 if you decide to go with any half decent parts like a BW or JB Precision turbo you're already $1500+ before a wastegate. Then comes the fab cost for placing a flange for an EWG then the cost of fabbing up a downpipe. Hell, even with the cheapest ebay vband turbo and a no name wastegate you'll be sitting around the $1200-1300 range. Tbh might be less of a hassle just getting the cheapest JP kit or a on3 but thats just my opinion. But if you're a DIY'er with some welding skills and patience then this would probably be worth it... maybe.

The price will still get up there but it will be several hundred less than the on3/jp options. Price could come down on a piece like this even further as well since its a basic design.

Reactions: Slow335

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
The price will still get up there but it will be several hundred less than the on3/jp options. Price could come down on a piece like this even further as well since its a basic design.

Agreed, at a lower price point I can see people building their own setups around this manifold. It has potential, just not probably not at the current price point considering for a bit more you could get a complete kit from JP. I do look forward to seeing someone making this work though!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Pretty sure a jp kit is more like 3k or 3500? I have seen them for a steal, used but that is beside the point I think.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
1. this bottom mount option is awesome!! Not saying I even have an interest in buying it, but it's awesome because it represents more growth in the N54 community and advancement. Also, I am a College kid who isn't necessarily on a cheap budget, but I really do look for a good bank for the buck factor in my mods. This option is great for those who want the most bank for the buck and not the absolute best of the best. I simply just don't think the money for a Motiv kit is worth the bang for the buck, even though it's one of the nicest and sexiest kits Ive ever laid my eyes on. In reality, you have people on extreme ends of the spectrum (on a cheap budget like on3, and people who are ballin with Motiv bottom mount kits) and then those in the middle who just want a good bang for the buck without being super cheap. This kit could be absolutely perfect for that.

2. I Think it is a bit ridiculous of OP to complain about JPworkz without paying a dime for a deposit or anything. Why on earth would JP Workz make a kit in 3-4 weeks (which is hard ass work im sure) without any sign of commitment from the buyer? Its basically common sense at this point that JP workz isn't a big business where inventory just appears out of no where. For him to have a kit, Im assuming takes a lot of work, and doing that is 3-4 weeks is obviously pretty fast. Even to a customer paying in full, that is excellant treatment to build a kit that fast. When Jerry said he could do it, it should have been assumed that if you were paying in full, then theoretically he could bust his ass for you, and do it in 3-4 weeks. But expecting him to bust his ass without any commitment or paying yet is a bit ridiculous. Gonna have to side with JPWorkz on this one.

3. I want to be the next Omar :smirk:

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Youll have to weld the waste gate on the turbine housing which I dislike and figure out the water pipe situation but at least its a start