Let talk outlets!!!

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Well i got them in, 100x easier than inlets lol. But i dont have much room between the front connection and the manifold. Do you guys think that if i wrap it with heatshield products cooltape, it will be safe? They say it can withstand 1100* with an inch of air space, 500* direct contact. I can get the tape in there and have maybe 1/4 inch gap. I tried clocking the adapter different ways with no luck. Idk how to make more gap.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Well i got them in, 100x easier than inlets lol. But i dont have much room between the front connection and the manifold. Do you guys think that if i wrap it with heatshield products cooltape, it will be safe? They say it can withstand 1100* with an inch of air space, 500* direct contact. I can get the tape in there and have maybe 1/4 inch gap. I tried clocking the adapter different ways with no luck. Idk how to make more gap.
What outlets?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

I don't have any heat wrap tape and been fine for 2 yrs now. About .25 inch or more away from heat sources.

Reactions: Cheezy

Ilkka

Private
Sep 7, 2017
Ride
N54 335i e92
Reactions: Dusty Waterfall

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Any chance of anyone giving an update on outlets i purchased? I pm'd you and emailed a replied to the email confirmation and no response. I do not see anywhere on site on how to communicate with anyone.
I would suggest contacting him via messenger on Facebook. He's very responsive on there.

e90gone

May 31, 2018
Ride
E90
I don't have a solid ETA but I am working on it. Lots of stuff in the "pipe" right now.

I assume you Own PSP, I have an order with you #711 and I have tracking number you have provided but it says it hasn't been picked up by USPS in almost 14 days. Can you please confirm what is going on? I have tried to email you'll but haven't received a response back.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I haven't seen no real gain with aftermarket outlets vs oem unless your running over 23psi.

We modify our rhd versions to flow much higher than stock

We are not far from releasing a rhd solution for the ones that want to push their turbos further.

Yes they make small gains but also decrease wgdc which helps the turbos last longer.

These are small gains but when your at this level most mods are tiny little increases that cost a lot but add up to the final result which can be rewarding.

E.g. the first 90% of your power level will only cost you around 10k and the next 10% will cost 10k + so it's up to the individual how far they want to go.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Should have probably been more specific - what set do you have on your Z? Just had my stock piece replaced (aftermarket warranty), which is telling me this upgrade needs to happen in the future...

He has/had a Z4 specific set. No modifications necessary.

I have a three here somewhere with some pics.

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
I've got a back to back dyno showing outlets made a fairly dramatic difference on stock turbos at 19psi.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
You most likely overboosted as the ecu had to adapt to the free flowing outlets as we found out.

Once the ecu was adjusted to suit and match the previous tune there was no difference except the wgdc did drop around 10% and so did the intake temps ever so slightly.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo