Let talk outlets!!!

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So as we all know inlets are a great great mod for our cars! And in theory outlets should be great as well! I have both on my stock turbos as others do and I have to say I'm really dreaming doing my pures next weekend... Only because of the outlets.

I have mmps and I'm really questioning the gain vs the agravation

Inlets arnt that bad but when paired with outlets it's a down right pain in the ball bag!!!

So question, does anyone have actual gains of outlets only? Or maybe some wgdc logs of outlets only?

I'm considering putting my stock outlet pipe on for reliability and lack of cursing lol

Let's talk guys ;)

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Doing outlets was a cake walk compared to that rear inlet. To hell with that rear inlet.

Granted, with mmps I didn't have a choice, you can't use the stock outlets.

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
I installed the MMP outlets and I thought it was harder to do than put my rear inlet in. Maybe I just had bad luck but I had a heck of a time trying to get the outlet lined up with the turbo. Also had to cut some length off the outlet at the intercooler to make it work. Just make sure if you do them to wrap it with heat tape before install so you can clean the silicone good and not have to cram your hand in there afterwards and hope it has good adhesion. Also a good idea to buy additional heat tape since MMP doesn't really provide enough IMO. I couldn't really tell a whole lot of difference on power but did have to do some duty bias changes after install so apparently they do make a difference. I'm also always for anything that can take strain off of the turbos so I would say it a good idea for outlets if you are pushing the turbos.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Yea I currently have the mmp inlets and outlets and they are both wrapped in gold foil tape.
The inlets we're a breeze... Kinda.. compared to cramming the outlets in there as well.
Not to mention fixing all the blown off pipes as well. If they were bead rolled and you could get away without a fat t bolt clamp it would make it way easier for sure!

Reactions: Twinz

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
As lazy as this may sound I'd give up 10 whp in a heartbeat to not have to reinstall than LoL

Dusty Waterfall

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Utah
Ride
2009 e92 335xi
IMG_5937.JPG
IMG_6060.JPG
IMG_6061.JPG
IMG_6070.JPG
IMG_6073.JPG
WGDC decreased by as much as 7-9% on a 19t upgraded twin car. Spool increased as well. The more CFM you push the higher the hp gain and WGDC reduction you realize.
IMG_6078.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Oh wow do they use factory vband connections?? You sir slam dunked the fudge outta them! Awesome!

Do you have factory style ready for order and if so what's are spool street discount look like ;)

Dusty Waterfall

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Utah
Ride
2009 e92 335xi
Oh wow do they use factory vband connections?? You sir slam dunked the fudge outta them! Awesome!

Do you have factory style ready for order and if so what's are spool street discount look like ;)
Yes sir. factory v-band connections shipping now.

I just put everything on sale as part of the spool street promotion that's coming to an end.

https://fasterbypinnacle.com/product/n54-335-hcp/

Reactions: Jake@MHD

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Yes sir. factory v-band connections shipping now.

I just put everything on sale as part of the spool street promotion that's coming to an end.

https://fasterbypinnacle.com/product/n54-335-hcp/

They look gorgeous and like factory to install.. I'm unfortunately way over budget so they are gonna have to be an after the fact part of my build :)

But very nice I can't believe I breezed over their specs the way I did!!

Reactions: Dusty Waterfall

Dusty Waterfall

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Utah
Ride
2009 e92 335xi
Have you got logs or flow bench data? I got MMP outlets right now and these look promising. How do they connect to the turbos?

I have logs. It's 1-2% lower WGDC at 17-18psi if I recall correctly. It wasn't earth shattering but it was more efficient. Lower WGDC in a smaller pipe is the best of both worlds.

The pipes connect to the turbos via silicone couplers and hi-torque clamps.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hell yeah!! Anything to make install easier is a plus. Such tight spaces for everything. There’s only one place I like tight and it’s not under the hood!!
Theres actually a couple places under the bonnet that should be tight

• Funny
Reactions: PUTC