Let talk outlets!!!

Nov 3, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Ride
09 6MT 335i Single Turbo
I’m running VTT stock location inlets and VTT outlet. Wrapped outlet in gold dei tape. Can’t tell you if I noticed a difference as I installed all at once. Outlet was deff easier. Dusty’s outlet looks dope.

Reactions: Dusty Waterfall

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
The worse is the rear turbo on stock size trying to tighten 2inch hose to the inlet. That thing just wants to slide off to the side when you tighten the hose to the smaller stock turbo connection point.
I jam a few wedges behind the hose to force the opening rim to mash against the stock turbo receptacle and then CAREFULLY tighten the clamp while pushing the clamp flush to the turbo housing... done it like 8 times due to transmission work. I hate it every time...never gets easy.

Would not wish it on my enemies.

• Informative
Reactions: NoQuarter

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Here is a before/after dyno for MMP's outlets. The reason for the torque dip in the middle was overboost corrections, we did a tune update when installing the outlets but could only do it once, didn't have time to check logs and get a revision (Thus the overboost correction).

full?d=1509207045.jpg

Reactions: Arhoads335i

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
We've been selling our RB N54 High Flow Silicone Outlet kits for just over a year now. They've been a fantastic product with no issues to speak of to date, despite being fully silicone.

We typically do not recommend them for anyone for sub ~525rwhp levels, unless you have a RHD vehicle then they are highly recommended with anything over ~450rwhp.

Rob

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
We've been selling our RB N54 High Flow Silicone Outlet kits for just over a year now. They've been a fantastic product with no issues to speak of to date, despite being fully silicone.

We typically do not recommend them for anyone for sub ~525rwhp levels, unless you have a RHD vehicle then they are highly recommended with anything over ~450rwhp.

Rob

Ok, bullshit, bullshit on this entire post.

First, your outlets are no different than MMP's, and I personally have blown through the silicone on 3 of those. If you're not having problems, you're either lying, or your customers just aren't telling you. I love MMP, their service, support, and parts quality are always high. But I had to order a Pinnacle set, mine are on the way.

The post before I showed a 52wtq and 13whp gain, and you're still saying they're not worth it on cars under 525? So 52wtq, more than a 10% gain, isn't worth it?

• Agree
Reactions: E92 420

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Ok, bullshit, bullshit on this entire post.

First, your outlets are no different than MMP's, and I personally have blown through the silicone on 3 of those. If you're not having problems, you're either lying, or your customers just aren't telling you. I love MMP, their service, support, and parts quality are always high. But I had to order a Pinnacle set, mine are on the way.

The post before I showed a 52wtq and 13whp gain, and you're still saying they're not worth it on cars under 525? So 52wtq, more than a 10% gain, isn't worth it?

We are sorry for your misfortune with other products, but you are sorely mistaken regarding the "no different than" comment. But don't take our word for it: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=505778&postcount=396

All we stated above is 100% truth and the product has been solid thus far; or as you stated perhaps the consumer just has chose to not report anything to us. Last month we made a one year update on the product here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=561275&postcount=452

Regarding your power comparison we believe there were some tuning aspects that could've been some factor in the gains, but regardless we stand by our recommendations.

Rob

Last edited:

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Yes. Remember boys and girls, outlets don't do anything. I had the best tuner in the community dial the car in w/out outlets with several revisions. Installed outlets, took a log on the street, made 1 tune, and ran it on the dyno. Clearly the tune was God's gift to DME, because I was having overboost cuts. And we all know the first thing in tuning is to finalize a tune that has overboost cuts.

Dusty Waterfall

Private
Jun 1, 2017
Utah
Ride
2009 e92 335xi
Is there any eta on the z4/135i fitment? And will you be doing a sale price for these too? these are the Closest to RHD fit. I can modify to get it to fit with minimal hassle. Unless you plan to make RHD pipes?
I don't have a solid ETA but I am working on it. Lots of stuff in the "pipe" right now.

nitehawk

Nov 2, 2017
Ride
E92 N54
Here is a before/after dyno for MMP's outlets. The reason for the torque dip in the middle was overboost corrections, we did a tune update when installing the outlets but could only do it once, didn't have time to check logs and get a revision (Thus the overboost correction).

Nice numbers, is this on stock turbos? What kind of boost did you see in these runs pre/post outlet install?
Also, what type of fueling were you running?

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Ya stock turbos, I don't remember the boost numbers, I want to say we were targeting 19-20 and it was cutting at 21. Same boost targets both with and without the outlets. Full e85.

Reactions: EthanolTurbo

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Very good info. I've never seen a Dyno of pre/post outlets alone.. you may have a unicorn of a Dyno sheet ;)

nitehawk

Nov 2, 2017
Ride
E92 N54
Ya stock turbos, I don't remember the boost numbers, I want to say we were targeting 19-20 and it was cutting at 21. Same boost targets both with and without the outlets. Full e85.

That's awesome, and that's with DI only?
Do you run a pump gas map by any chance? if so, would you say it is still a worthwhile upgrade for ppl like myself running plain old 93 octane..

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Ya DI only. @V8bait is the only tuner who can do full e85 on stock HPFP DI only.

I didn't run a dyno of my 91 ACN tune, but I do have one for when I drive to BFE. The car is still really strong on 91, I'd say it'd be worth it still, but don't expect a 52wtq increase with outlets like I got.

Arhoads335i

Private
Jul 14, 2017
Ride
335i
I'm running pure stage 1 turbos with inlets and outlets only on 93. I feel you on the boost cuts I'm trying to tune it myself some but I think it's a little over my head. Car feels amazing though!

Reactions: BQTuning

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Im currently installing vrsf inlets, outlets, and downpipes all at once. I wont be able to tell whats doing what but i swear if i dont feel a noticeable difference im selling my car.

Reactions: Armando1969

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
There will be a difference, there's hundreds of dynoes proving so. But you need a custom tune also. Hit up v8bait