JayG335

Private
Apr 6, 2018
Ride
2007 335i FBO VVT stage2
JayG335,

Correct me if I'm wrong here about your "ventilation" arrangement-

1) Low Side:
PCV Delete fitting to Hose to Low side OCC.
Low side OCC to hose to Intake manifold vacuum reference.

Is this is a complete and accurate statement, or are there any missing pieces of hardware/components that I did not specify?

2) High side:
Flapper Delete fitting to hose to High side OCC.
High side OCC to hose to rear inlet fresh air intake reference.

Is this is a complete and accurate statement, or are there any missing pieces of hardware/components that I did not specify?

Thanks,
Rob

Yes sir that is complete and accurate
Only thing not mentioned is the in line one way check valve on the low side hose from OCC to vacuum reference

Last edited:

JayG335

Private
Apr 6, 2018
Ride
2007 335i FBO VVT stage2
Well pretty sure you have done exactly what the manufacturer had suggested in one of their diagrams...;)

Rob
Reviving this real quick. Is the spec for crankcase pressure 14mbar? What should be the measurment in a fully external system? Would I expect similar or none? Now that the head ports are blocked I wouldn't think I'd see any vacuum but then again an engine creates natural vacuum.
Forgive my ignorance I am not familiar with what witchcraft takes place internally in the valve cover. I'm trying to have a better idea of what's taking place with the delete to better understand my issues. The first can fills up every 300 miles and if I don't empty it creates hellacious smoking. Also my vcg is leaking for a third time. I'm going to drive around with both my vacuum gauge on my intake and crankcase hooked up and see what's going on. Possibly getting excessive blow by from worn rings blowing the seals out? We will see

Attachments

• 20190107_133356.jpg
    20190107_133356.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

JayG335

Private
Apr 6, 2018
Ride
2007 335i FBO VVT stage2
So just drove it home. Monitored everything. Didn't see anything too bad. Measuring the crankcase pressure cruising was nearly 0. Under full load it touched maybe .6psi. What do you guys think of that? I don't think that's too excessive. Any input is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20190107_191248.jpg
    20190107_191248.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 78

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
OP,

It appears you have vested heavily in VTT, yet they have surely just by accident missed this thread. Perhaps change the title to "New VTT Turbos are smoking, what to do?" and watch yourself immediately getting some assistance in the form of offline email engagement.

PS: Looks like we have been poo'd on every comment by the same guy we have blocked, may as well make another post to just keep it going...

Thanks,
Rob

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Just saw this -last time I reviewed you were fixing valve cover leaks/etc. I've been laying low a bit lately catching up on some projects so I apologize for not seeing this revived thread sooner. For fastest response, email is always your best bet if you need some help -I carry email access with me at all times, but only check the forums once or twice per day at most.

Let's go through a few things...

When you say "the first" catch can fills up, which one? High or Low side?

When you measured crank case pressure, where exactly were you measuring from? Be specific, unfortunately this would be much easier to talk about and see in person, so indulge me with some more details please.

Normally filling a catch can is related to crank case pressure. I'm suspicious of this as you've replaced your rear main seal and, if I've read correctly, your valve cover gasket 3 times now. That seems crank case pressure related.

We'll square it away and get you to stop fogging the neighborhood when going WOT.

Chris