M Mode N54 DCT enabled...

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I don’t think it actually matters to be honest. As long as they have experience tuning N54 IKMOS and I think more importantly DCTs on N54 they should be able to do a good job

With my brief conversations with @V8bait the only real concern is that the IKM0S is the least defined ROM.

Little-blue _bmw

Sep 24, 2018
Ride
Bmw 135i
Can this be done on a 2011 135i (n55) dct car? I would like to do this ASAP! Also if I bought the shift module ie shifter box out of an e92 could we make that work?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Hey mate, have you made any progress on getting yourself upgraded to the M3 bits or are you still in a holding pattern?
In a holding pattern indefinitely. Other things are taking my focus at the moment. My bike for one. Its cheaper to modify and run and its faster... hmm

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi All. thread revival gents.

Im interested in updating to IKM0S also.

ive read Pete's Toy thread about the steps to do it, but did you all follow the same principle, would be great to hear more about it,
from what i understand, it could be as simple as getting an OEM 1M BIN, name as vin_original.bin and load into the MHD folder and "Flash back to Stock".
then amend the Power Class request tables as required, then load the file back up. then you good to go?

Is this correct? or do i need a bit extra guidance here.

Thank you

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So after all this time; Im back in this thread wondering why has this not worked for anyone else ?
@Begood69 has the throttle change but does it activate the relaxed DSC setting and the cic Menus for drive logic etc ?
You used M3 DSC flash and standard SZL yes ? You have the IKMOS flash yes ?

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
So when you press the M button do you notice that the DSC is more relaxed but not off ?
When i am at cruising and have the throttle in 20 or 30% .. and i push the mbutton u feel the car get up almost like i had press it more. That s how i know it changes table. And for the dsc. Im most of the time off. So have not really checked the more relax if any

Reactions: aus335iguy

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So how can we reliably tell if M dynamic mode is activated ? Do the M drive menus in CIC change for you and can you adjust drivelogic levels in the menu and call them up when you press the button ? Sorry for all the questions but the fll GTS conversion is rare...

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
So how can we reliably tell if M dynamic mode is activated ? Do the M drive menus in CIC change for you and can you adjust drivelogic levels in the menu and call them up when you press the button ? Sorry for all the questions but the fll GTS conversion is rare...
No problem i try to help as much as i can..
So when i have the menues on the cic. Sometimes i can change them. But it does not make it active when i press m. Also dsc is on or off on my options. No residual memory when shut off if it changed. But most of the time it just shows unchanged that s all. I can see in more options shift lights on. And sport mode .. does nothing tho. As it is now. As for the drivelogic, It does work and i can reach 6 on dsc off. And only 5 when on.
The mk60 (dsc90 on m3 zb) works amazing car feels so much more stable. Even on off mode. Feels great

Reactions: aus335iguy

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
No problem i try to help as much as i can..
So when i have the menues on the cic. Sometimes i can change them. But it does not make it active when i press m. Also dsc is on or off on my options. No residual memory when shut off if it changed. But most of the time it just shows unchanged that s all. I can see in more options shift lights on. And sport mode .. does nothing tho. As it is now. As for the drivelogic, It does work and i can reach 6 on dsc off. And only 5 when on.
The mk60 (dsc90 on m3 zb) works amazing car feels so much more stable. Even on off mode. Feels great
I do hate the paddles one-sided up and one side down. Bcz i have to keep the hands on the wheel to play with paddles. Can t do it like before push pull

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I do hate the paddles one-sided up and one side down. Bcz i have to keep the hands on the wheel to play with paddles. Can t do it like before push pull
There were M3s with push pull paddles. Youd have to revrt back but its possible to do

So aside from the throttle responsiveness M Drive button does nothing. That means that the DME is getting the message but the DSC isnt saving the settings. Did you try toggling the software switches that @RSL raised ?