M3 Flash and GWS into non M coding document

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm honestly not sure where to place this post, but I figured I'd put it here since I don't want to interrupt some of the other threads. Not that this thread isn't informative of course!

If I bought the M3 GWS, is it possible/feasible to keep the standard non-M flash on the TCU until all the hiccups can be resolved? I realize there is a park lockout wiring difference, perhaps i'd take those two wires and plug them in manually?

Since I'm doing a swap at the same time as the M3 GWS upgrade, I figured I have to buy a new GWS anyway, but would like to wait to flash the M3 GTS file until I know its safe for my Dodson clutches etc.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
I'm going in reverse of my install so let's see how bad it is. Meaning I'm starting with the kombi then the gws and then the TCU update.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
K. So as expected. With MDCT programming, the non M shifter is dead. With non M dct programming, the M shifter is dead. Having winkfp error on write so not making it too far.

I plugged factory GSW in and cleared codes just in case. Trying to restore factory but no luck. Same data transmission error occurring. Yay.

EDIT: VM reboot seemed to do the trick. One step closer.

Last edited: