Markyb0s Single Turbo Build

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Ok so for about a year now I new the turbo seals and wastegates have been going slowly. Didn't realize how bad the seals were until I put a bov on it. I've also noticed that there's a oil leak somewhere on top of engine. I'm thinking oil filter housing or oil cooler gasket. There's oil and dirt all over my engine from the top all the way to tranny. So I've been slowly gathering up parts for single turbo build these past few months. I'm going to be replacing seals and gaskets while the car is torn apart. Here's a list what's on my car already and parts I have/ going to order for this build.

Current Mods:
-JB4/MHD
-VRSF Charge Pipe with Tial BOV
-VRSF 5" Step Intercooler

Parts I have:
-Motiv SST Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel
-New Flywheel Bolts
-Replacement Aluminum Bolts for Bellhousing
-ECS Metal Clutch Fork Pivot Pin
-Valve Cover Gasket
-Rear Main Seal
-Oil Pan Gasket with bolts
-ADV PCV Delete and Flapper Delete (Don't know what pcv occ setup I'm going with yet but ordered these cause I know there hard to get)
-Magnetic Drain Plug
-MMP PI (Don't know if I want to use it. Heard to many people having the injectors stay open and flood the engine)
-3.5 TMAP with BMS Adapter
-BMS Modified Clutch Valve

Parts Still Waiting to Order:
-Doc Race Kit
-034 Density Engine/Trans Mounts
-Precision Raceworks Stage 2 Pump
-Precision Raceworks Coil System
-VRSF 7.5 Race Intercooler
-Oil Filter Housing Gasket
-Oil Cooler Gasket

I'm sure I missed some parts but thats most of it. I'm going to be ordering engine/ trans mounts this week and maybe the turbo kit too. I'm thinking I'm just going to install the turbo kit and get it running on low low boost until I upgrade fuel pump and intercooler. I'm going to try and take pictures of how the build goes.

If you guys can chime in and tell me what else I need or should do while doing this build feel free to.

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Looks like on their website they don't say but a couple threads say that they include it now. Forgot to mention in first post but if anyone knows where to get ADV 02 sensors that would be a plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: V8bait

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
If you bought your magnetic drain bolt from ecstuning, throw it in the trash right now. I bought one years ago and the head snapped off leaving the treads and magnet in the drain hole. I had to use an easy out and all my good luck for the year to get the rest of their shitty plug out of my pan without having to drop the pan. Save yourself the trouble. The oil filter will collect most of the metal shavings in the oil system anyway.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you bought your magnetic drain bolt from ecstuning, throw it in the trash right now. I bought one years ago and the head snapped off leaving the treads and magnet in the drain hole. I had to use an easy out and all my good luck for the year to get the rest of their shitty plug out of my pan without having to drop the pan. Save yourself the trouble. The oil filter will collect most of the metal shavings in the oil system anyway.

What the fuck, I have that thing in my car right now...

• Funny
Reactions: twinturbos

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
No affiliation but if you want the best(my opinion)is a company called Dimple.i got a rear & oil drain plug.i did my research and they are great.Had them for years and made of top quality

Reactions: JValenzSD

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Well crap I did buy the ecs one. Thanks for the heads up everyone. Definitely don't want anything to do with that. Looks like I'm just going to hold on to it or throw it away unless someone wants to take the risk. For $10 its not worth the struggle to return it.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm trying to get a confirmation for negative ratings, that way anything negative is eliminated.

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Ordered my engine and trans mounts should get those in about a week and also placed my order for the doc race kit today. Was told it takes 2 weeks to build/ship so should be ready for install soon. Also does anyone know how much exhaust wrap I'll need to wrap the header and down pipe? Don't know what to get the 50ft roll or the 100ft roll.

Last edited:

Slow335

Private
Mar 2, 2017
Ride
09 335i xdrive
Also does anyone know how much exhaust wrap I'll need to wrap the header and down pipe? Don't know what to get the 50ft roll or the 100ft roll.

Also, just adding onto your question if you dont mind. Did you guys opt for the 1" wide or 2" wide rolls?