Jan 25, 2018
South Amboy, NJ
www.maximumpsi.com
Ride
turbo junk
IMG_20180329_132804-510x600.jpg

Here is a link to our keyed crank hub solution:
https://maximumpsi.com/product/maximum-psi-keyed-crank-hub-kit/

This is a revised version of the prototype part successfully in use in my F80 M3. We have shipped a bunch all around the US and overseas, and there are a few distributors including ABR Houston and Lang Racing that have product in stock for local installs.

The install requires dropping the oil pan and pulling the timing components off of the car. It can be done in the car. The front of the crank is drilled through the crank seal opening using a drill and template, and the components are installed. Install by a qualified tech is necessary, as there are a bunch of factory tools needed to perform the job.

-Mike

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Looks great, I like the dowel pins for locking. Any reason why you made it two pieces instead of one?

Alex@abrhouston

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
www.abrhouston.com
One piece would be a real booger to install. For sure the cassette would have to come out, pull the vacuum pump sprocket/sprocket holder and a lot of tongue-sticking-out to try and get everything lined up correctly on an assembled engine.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
One piece would be a real booger to install. For sure the cassette would have to come out, pull the vacuum pump sprocket/sprocket holder and a lot of tongue-sticking-out to try and get everything lined up correctly on an assembled engine.

Yup, that was my thinking as well.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I was told it would be discontinued because there were inferior and inexpensive alternatives being produced (more or less)

• Sad
Reactions: scrllock
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Spline lock is currently available and unlike many other options on the market or recently discontinued, there are zero reported failures with the straight cut spline used in conjunction with a CBC.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
I was told it would be discontinued because there were inferior and inexpensive alternatives being produced (more or less)

Looks like that's at least partly the case, but a couple vendors (SSR and Kies) are now selling the part via maxpsi's manufacturer, with their blessing. Seems like the lithuanian solution undercut them too much to be worth the hassle.