Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I have E85 access but also have an intake manifold that can be setup for direct port meth. If you had the option which would you choose?

I originally wanted a double barrel shotgun, and to stay di. But meth sounds nice, it would keep the valves clean too.

If all goes well I am looking to get a single turbo setup soon if that makes a difference. Also black friday is coming up so I'm starting to weigh out my options for fueling.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Helix for primary fuel. Meth 50/50 in the charge pipe for AIT suppression and a little extra protection. Keeps things simple.

That would be my vote depending on the HP goal.

DP meth will be less expensive than all the fueling upgrades to run 100% E85. You can spend a small fortune on fueling upgrades.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I dont have a bung in my charge pipe and would like to take advantage of my docrace intake manifold, so direct port is the only way I would run meth. Can Twisted's controller directly cut boost, like the aquamist controller can? Without using flex fuel.

Or wire the controller to the jb4 I have laying around for the map 4 safety?? I'm open to whatever

Last edited:

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
I dont have a bung in my charge pipe and would like to take advantage of my docrace intake manifold, so direct port is the only way I would run meth. Can Twisted's controller directly cut boost, like the aquamist controller can? Without using flex fuel.

Or wire the controller to the jb4 I have laying around for the map 4 safety?? I'm open to whatever

Look on the torque-byte CM5-lt controller. Same functionality same company that makes twisted's evolve controler. They have all the info and wiring and setup to have the controler cut boost if there is a problem. it is a very powerfull conroler. You basically wire in relays to the factory boost solenoids so that if there is an issue the controller can sever the computers connection to the solenoids and releasing the wastegates to full open.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

You can add as many meth bungs into your CP as you want. You just have to drill and tap. I do understand you wanting to use the bungs in the DR manifold, makes sense.

The cheapest route is DP meth.

@Twisted Tuning would have to comment on his meth kit vs. aquamist. IIRC the TT flow sensor can't handle 100% meth?

With the AM set up you just install and go, it fits right in the DME compartment which is where you need to make all of your connections anyways. No wiring in extra relays etc. They also have 3000cc pumps that flow up to 280psi. All the components are designed to work together and the kit comes with everything you will need. That fact it comes with a gauge that shows low meth fluid, shows meth flow, and has a button to turn it all off is why I think it is a superior meth system as well. If only others offered a useful gauge...

Last edited:

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Is direct port meth comparable to E85 in terms of power? Can I use direct port meth to make up for not having e85? My goal was to eventually turn it up to 700-750 on e85.

Is it possible to run 0-5v out from an ECA into the MC2 to base meth flow on, and when there is low ethanol and no meth the MC2 can be set up to output to the dme to take advantage of flex fuel to switch mapping to 93?

Or am I completely off base here?

I appreciate everyone's help so far!

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
You run the eca to dme and the mc2 if you want . Only need the dme tho especially cause next update adds canbus support so you can read from dme at that point . Anyway if meth dont flow dme knows so the only benefit if the mc2 seeing flow sensor would be it stops trying but if you set it up properly it will know second it clogs or blows line or runs out. You simply use live data to learn your pumps amp draw and then set limits so if isn't where supposed to do it failsafes.

Reactions: GreyNBlueE92