Meth VS throttle plate by fuel-it suggestions

tekkies2

Lurker
Jan 29, 2017
chicago il
www.tekks.net
Ride
z4 35i (bullet)
what is better for my setup? want options please i am looking to run high 10sec if possible

08 bmw 535i sport n54
rb turbo next gen plus turbos with all fixings outlets heat shields
mmp inlets with bms air filters
3" cat less downpipes vrsf and heat tape wrapped
7" vrsf intercooler
charge pipe vrsf with bov
jb4 g5 bef hybird turbo tune
stage 2 fuel it fuel pump ethanol sensor with app jb4 intergrade and bigger fuel lines
axle back muffler upgrade
4 bar map sensor
rb pcv & and walnut blast just done.
up in the air for tuning to stay with jb4 or go custom tune wedge or motiv? but love my jb4 with all features and anti lag just need little help with tuning on jb4

fuel and issue looking for around 550 to 600hp looking to run 22 to 23psi out turbo to be safe
i'm on a budget as all this mods took place in 2 month time period not bad for new project car lol
was thinking fuel it - throttle body plate for added fuel or do you think meth would help betteror both. the fuel it way would be maxed out 600hp. what are your thoughts thx for your time in advance.

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Looking to run 10s, do you have anything suspension work? tire and wheel setup? what have you doe to the car to effectively put power down? making power and using it is two different things.

regardless of Meth (i'm assuming chargepipe injection) or TBI, they are still shit for actual distribution. Considering the N54 manifold has been well known for flow differences between banks and cylinders. So, the end result is going to be about the same for either. Ethanol has more energy per part than methanol. but not everyone has ethanol in their area, so methanol is the next option.

Since you have ethanol im assuming is readily available in your area. i'd just run an E40-E50 mix max on the TBI setup. otherwise you will begin running out of fuel or your HPFP pressure will start dropping.

tekkies2

Lurker
Jan 29, 2017
chicago il
www.tekks.net
Ride
z4 35i (bullet)
Looking to run 10s, do you have anything suspension work? tire and wheel setup? what have you doe to the car to effectively put power down? making power and using it is two different things.

regardless of Meth (i'm assuming chargepipe injection) or TBI, they are still shit for actual distribution. Considering the N54 manifold has been well known for flow differences between banks and cylinders. So, the end result is going to be about the same for either. Ethanol has more energy per part than methanol. but not everyone has ethanol in their area, so methanol is the next option.

Since you have ethanol im assuming is readily available in your area. i'd just run an E40-E50 mix max on the TBI setup. otherwise you will begin running out of fuel or your HPFP pressure will start dropping.

for suspension have sport but will need a change. open to suggestions. i have r888 now 285/35/18 rear. and thx for your input i just use tbi for now and get port inject soon then.

Last edited by a moderator:

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
10's in an E60.. You're gonna need some ponies and tread in the back. I would suggest running as high of E content you can get away with on your setup, along with port meth injection if you're not gonna run 100% E85 port injected. I know on my 5862 I ran 29psi with E35 and port meth injection and didn't have any octane issues.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
10's in an E60.. You're gonna need some ponies and tread in the back. I would suggest running as high of E content you can get away with on your setup, along with port meth injection if you're not gonna run 100% E85 port injected. I know on my 5862 I ran 29psi with E35 and port meth injection and didn't have any octane issues.

Port Meth is the best way to inject. i happen to make a nice kit if anyone is looking, lmao

Reactions: doublespaces

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
TBI vs meth, I'd only go TBI if you have consistent e85 access. The meth can be useful for pump where the TBI is not really useful for pump. Also seems like meth in the cp has a little better distribution on most cars.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
hoping to run e60 but can run e40 if needed.

It could go either way. I normally suggest just jumping up to port injection though if you have easy E85 access. It costs more but works better across a wider power range and has more resale value later. TBI will technically work for you though.

WMI is also a good option but I tend to prefer that for cars that don't have E85 access.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
It could go either way. I normally suggest just jumping up to port injection though if you have easy E85 access. It costs more but works better across a wider power range and has more resale value later. TBI will technically work for you though.

WMI is also a good option but I tend to prefer that for cars that don't have E85 access.
This. If I had full e85 access all the time, I'd run it. But since I dont, I run port injected meth.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i

Completely irrelevant. Gas has more energy than ethanol. What matters is you can burn more meth per pound of air than ethanol or gas resulting in more energy.

Also, isn't soft suspension pretty good for drag racing?

If you have E85 in your area then some port injection system running off your gas tank will be the simplest.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Btw I doubt any kind of tbi will give you enough fuel to hit the power level required for a 10 sec car. But I may be proved wrong.